1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Triumph's ARE an American legend and the photo's prove it., 6 July 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Triumph Racing Motorcyles in America (Paperback)
When people see me on my Triumph Bonneville Special or 825cc Tiger they say things like:

"Great bike, must be hard to find parts for..."

or sometimes you'll get:

"I used to have one of those..."

Which is really the more appropriate response since Triumph and American motorcycling go hand in hand. This book really made it clear to me why I love Triumphs. It gives detailed descriptions of models which were constructed specifically for the American market. There are great pictures of cross country races in the California desert and road races at Daytona. The author really captures the competative relationship between the East coast and West coast Triumph dealers (who had seperate race teams) with biographies of the riders, mechanics and team managers who made motorcycle racing from the 40's to the 70's so exciting. I learned as much about the racers as I did about the modifications they made to their bikes (and now I can make to mine).

Great book for anyone who races vintage bikes or just loves the sound of a parallel twin!

Triumph Racing Motorcyles in America
Triumph Racing Motorcyles in America by Lindsay Brooke (Paperback - 30 Jun 1996)
Used & New from: £133.43