5.0 out of 5 stars A great improvement
Published on 3 Mar 2012 by Maryann

3.0 out of 5 stars Burnt Offering
Published on 8 May 2012 by Brad bee

3.0 out of 5 stars Burnt Offering, 8 May 2012
I think I may be tiring of this series.All the family is just sooo! nice and they all get along sooo! well and aren't all those cookies just sooo! wonderfully delicious. I suppose you have to suspend credulity when reading this type of cosy mystery but the ready access to all medical/police reports etc. is getting a little bit tiring.Plus the readiness of all the protagonists to open their souls to a gentle grilling rather strains the bounds of said credulity.
Some of the sub-stories are also running out of steam with the Norman/DocBev really scraping the barrel as far as plausibility is concerned.
So thank you for some of the earlier tales but I think it is time to move on and hopefully I can lose some weight and get onto a less fattening diet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jazzy Murder, 13 Mar 2012
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The Lake Eden Inn is hosting a jazz festival, and they've brought in the Cinnamon Roll Six, a jazz band that is rising in Minnesota, to headline the event. But an early spring freeze leads to an accident on the highway, and the band's bus overturns. Keyboardist Buddy Neiman hurts his wrist, but when he's taken to the hospital to be treated, he is murdered.

Believe it or not, Hannah isn't the one to find the body this time; it's her mother Delores. And Delores wants the murdered solved since she feels responsible. Hannah is distracted, however. Normal, her sometimes boyfriend, has set a date for his wedding to Dr. Bev in just a week. Can Hannah break up the wedding? Will she be able to solve the murder with this distraction?

As much as I love this series, I had some problems with this book. The biggest is Norman's wedding. I understand the need to see this resolved in a book, but the fact that he let this progress this far is completely unbelievable. He's smarter than that. Then there's a plot point that is dropped and never mentioned again.

On the other hand, there were things I really did enjoy about the book. The mystery had a few twists to it I didn't expect, and it kept me entertained. As always, the characters and their interactions were wonderful. Even Delores has softened, and I loved her in this book.

This is one of the weaker entries in the series. Fans who love the characters will certainly want to see how things progress here. But I don't recommend you start here. Go back to the earlier books and meet the characters first.

I'll definitely be back for the next entry in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great improvement, 3 Mar 2012
I was rather worried when I downloaded this book, as I while I have brought and read them all, I didn't think the last two books lived up to the earlier titles. However I really enjoyed this one, the characters were behaving in the way you would expect, the story had a sort of twist, and Hannah's character was more sympathetic, I find that sometimes she comes across as rather arrogant and annoying. I do think there are too many recipes and there could be more story, but I am looking forward to the next one, only a year to wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Book, 24 Nov 2013
Mrs. S. M. Fletcher "Rock-n-Roll-Ruby" (Milton Keynes, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cinnamon Roll Murder (9a Genre Sampler (Parade)) (Hannah Swensen Mysteries) (Mass Market Paperback)
I waited in anticipation for this book to arrive and was not disappointed. I had read most of it by the end of the first day (after delivery). Cant wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely easy reader, 5 Jun 2013
S. Hart "shirl" (hayling island) - See all my reviews
Brilliant series of books following Hannah, I love the recipes and love the silly story lines, very easy reading and ideal holiday book. love them

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting a bit repetitive!, 20 May 2013
I felt that the characters went on more about wonderful recipes from, say Great Aunt Edna's second cousin twice removed than they did trying to find out who carried out the murder. It was quite predictable. So saying I did see one recipe that I may try. So far I've read all of these books but not sure if I can be bothered continuing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouth-watering reading, 20 April 2013
DibDab (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
Another book that makes you want to stop reading and get baking! I'm not sure how well my cinnamon rolls will turn out, but I'll be having a go when I've got all the ingredients together (they are all things we can get in the UK). The story is up to Jo Fluke's usual standard too!

2.0 out of 5 stars A glorified recipe book, 2 April 2013
Very disappointed - I bought this for my Kindle and felt like most of the book was taken up with lengthy recipes rather than story. I This book isn't as good as the other Hannah Swenson stories and felt like a way of bringing the Norman and Doctor Bev plot to a conclusion rather than the usual "murder mystery". Even the climax to the book was a damp squib. I've enjoyed these books in the past and will no doubt give the next book in the series a chance.

3.0 out of 5 stars good, but not as good, 23 Mar 2013
The book seems too slow and laborious. All about Hannah and her problems, the murder is more of an add on and all feels too contrived to try and implicate Dr Bev. Always have enjoyed Joanne Fluke's books, but was glad to reach the end of this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC READ, 25 Feb 2013
I love Joanne Fluke's books. They are very entertaining and everyone should at least read one of her books sometime

Cinnamon Roll Murder (9a Genre Sampler (Parade)) (Hannah Swensen Mysteries)
Cinnamon Roll Murder (9a Genre Sampler (Parade)) (Hannah Swensen Mysteries) by Joanne Fluke (Mass Market Paperback - 5 Mar 2013)
5.85