Published on 24 Mar. 2010 by Nita

3.0 out of 5 stars a dissapointment!!!
Published on 29 Sept. 2009 by sal69

3.0 out of 5 stars a dissapointment!!!, 29 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Tasting Fear (Paperback)
let me say first off, I'm a huge fan of Shannon McKenna. This book, though, was disapointing. It's essentially a suspense story, with 3 sub stories involving 3 sisters continuing the story. Each of the sisters stories is complete as a romance, told against the backdrop of the on-going suspense story. Usually I love Shannon's character development, and the chemistry between the main characters. I found that the 3 seperate romances which sequentially tell the bigger suspense story just didn't work. The individual stories seemed rushed somehow, without the characters coming to life, while the suspense story seemed very stop - start and consequently lost the some of its impact. Normally even in her short stories, she manages to develop the characters fully, but with this venture, there was too much going on, and, for me it just didn't click.

Anyone who is new to Shannon McKenna, I'd recommend all her other books especially Standing in the Shadows, Behind Closed Doors and Return to Me

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read with Ms McKenna's mix of mystery, suspense and steamy romance, 24 Mar. 2010
Nita (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tasting Fear (Paperback)
Given some of the poor reviews I was initially reluctant to read it. As a long standing fan I felt honor bound to buy it. I wasn't disappointed. I love Ms McKenna's mix of suspense, mystery and romance writing style. The story line has already been discussed in other reviews so I'll focus on the differences between this book and her other books - its 3 stories interlinked, not overlapping but in a seqeuntial timeframe. That worked for me - it was a refreshing change and its always good to try something new. Nancy and Liam were well fleshed out characters and the story panned well with the introduction to the mystery. Nell and Duncan's story picked up on the suspense and the characterisation continued with more insight into The Fiend and his psychopathic tendencies. Of the 3 sisters Nell probably has closer encounters with the dark side than the others. The romance and passion seems to hit the characters quicker (literally) than in Ms McKenna's other books - this may be down to the content needed for 3 storylines. So far so good. Vivi really became a person in her own story as very little is known of her before. Its a clever character build as we get to know her very individual style in the first few pages. Then we met poor Jack. Here's where my issue lay. Poor Jack seems to be in the story to rescue Vivi (who so far had come across as pretty self sufficient) and to provide a key component of the male anatomy. Vivi's story could have done with 20 or so more pages to give us more on Jack other than his male bits that kept Vivi so happy. And thats where Ms McKenna dropped a star. Apart from that - a very enjoyable story and joins the other Shannon McKenna keepers on my bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 14 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Tasting Fear (Paperback)
A really good read. I am a fan of books that link and this was even better as it was 3 stories in one book its a great romantic read with steamy bits in between. If your a fan of miss mckenna then you wont be disapointed. And if you liked this then look out for her other series.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Tasting Fear (Kindle Edition)
not what I was hoping for. I think that this was not the best work of miss McKenna. far from it.

Tasting Fear
Tasting Fear by Shannon Mckenna (Paperback - 1 Aug. 2009)