5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect match
I've read all the McCloud series and loved them all. McKenna has created some really great heroes, heroines and evil baddies.

Published on 30 Mar. 2009 by Shopgood

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but mostly boring...
I found the whole 'scene-setting' first chunk tedious - I almost gave up. The only thing that kept me going was that I usually enjoy this author, so I felt it would get better, especially having read the reviews.
Published on 19 July 2010 by Genre addict

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but mostly boring..., 19 July 2010
This review is from: Ultimate Weapon (Paperback)
Well, it did get better, sort of. As far as I'm concerned there was little chemistry between Val and Tam, little humour and a rather bogus plot. In the end I felt that I was skimming it just to find out exactly out the HEA did, finally, work out.
What I have enjoyed about previous books in this series is the interaction between the male characters, and how this illuminates the interactions between the love interests. Occasionally the McCloud brothers et al exchanged words with Val - and these were the best bits of the book.
Yes, Val and Tam are well-suited, but their interactions never showed any character development and, quite frankly, I didn't really care. As for plot, well, how many bad guys/threats does one girl need? Talk about piling on the trimmings... It made it all a bit ridiculous - I know these aren't written to be realistic, but sheesh, I don't enjoy a book where I'm rolling my eyes and thinking 'Whaaatt??!!...'.
I will read the next one because it looks like it's about a McCloud brother. Maybe. Depending on the reviews. But I held off buying this one because Tam has never appealed to me as a character, and I caved because of the reviews. Mistake.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect match, 30 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Ultimate Weapon (Paperback)

While I waited for this one to be published, I was wondering what kind of guy would be able to match Tamara - she is a real tough chick. In the last book she takes on 6 evil henchmen dressed in a silver spandex cheerleader outfit! She started out in the first book on the side of the bad guy, but since book 3 she's been firmly with the good guys and has saved a lot of lives. In short, she's complicated. Too much for the average male, but Val is perfect for her. He's strong, but has a history that allows them to empathise with each other.

The book is quite racy, like all the other's in the series, but I don't think that is at the expense of the story. The encounters between them are part of their journey.

I've re-read all the series and expect I will continue to do so. What keeps me re-reading them are the really well worked out plots, the great characters, and particularly the dialogue. This woman knows how to write!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamara's story, 3 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Ultimate Weapon (Paperback)
This is another great McKenna novel. With the previous McCloud sagas I read them in one sitting, re read them the following day to make sure I hadn't missed anything and five stars were not enough to convey how much I enjoyed them. Connor, Davy and Nick's epics have been read so many times I have had to get new copies!
Although this is a good thriller it is not absolutely fantastic, and took a few days for me to get through it. The McClouds and Nick Ward were awesome alphas and I just did not feel that way about Janos. I have never found Tamara to be a sympathetic character and even after her past is revealed in this novel I still don't warm to her.
All this of course is personal taste and I'm sure all Shannon McKenna's fans will love this, as I did, but just not as much as the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars another fantastic fast paced action romance, 16 Jan. 2015
This is tamaras story and it begins with val janus watching her for PSS as gorge lusche has hired them to find her bit val is lagging behind in giving PSS the details he has about her as he seems to like her and he knows why gorge wants her and doesnt want to ruin her life or her adopted daughters life but things never go to plan and daddy novak finds out she is still alive and blackmails val into forcing her back to novak to be tortured for killing his son kurt novak.
what follows is an amazing fast paced story thats full of non stop action and romance. The story is very emotional at times and i had tears in my eyes a few times but i couldnt stop reading the story is so good and i was sucked into it from begining to end.
the characters were great as usual all alpha male characters with strong female characters and could practically walk off the pages. It was good to read about the mcloud gang again aswell.
I have read all the previous books and have already downloaded the rest in this series and have never been disapointed as every story has its own different tale and this was no different. I cant wait to read the next book which is kevin mclouds story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 20 May 2011
I was glad to see Tamara get her own story and find her love. Tamara has certainly been a force to be reckoned with during the other McCloud stories but it this book really gives you the naked truth about her.

This book tears away every shred of Tamara opens her wide and shows the reader exactly who she is, but it also brings her face to face with Janos the perfect person to love and live with Tamara. His story matches Tamara's in many ways and they are genuinly perfect for each other.

Another fantastic romance suspence from Shannon Mckenna. Every thing is in this story, love, life, sex and plenty of action. There is a hero - but it's hard to say who - Tamara or Janos.

Would recomend this to any die hard romantics and would suggest reading all of these novels.

I've become a huge fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars TAMARA'S BOOK, 3 July 2011
Reader (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
this is a further story in the McCloud series, this book tells the story of Tamara the McClouds friend. Tamara is beautiful and deadly. She has made many enemy's and two are keen to get her, Val Janos has been sent to retrieve her and bring her to Kurt Novak's father. Daddy Novak plans to have his revenge, for the death of his son Kurt, but the late Kurt Novak's sidekick Georg also wants Tamara. Once again we are taken on a rip-roaring ride with this story, with the baddies at every turn trying to kill Tamara, and Val trying to keep her and himself alive. The passion and sexual chemistry between the two leads was HOT the story was fast paced with a very good plot. Once again this author does not disappoint. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Hesitate, 1 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Ultimate Weapon (Paperback)
Having read all the McCloud Brothers series in order and therefore coming to this one last I was a little apprehensive, too much of a good thing and maybe getting tired like some other series I have read, BUT NO! This one is a little different to the others, it has a great initial build up and then can go quite a few pages between sizzling scenes on occasion and you can find a place to breathe every now and again! I loved the prickly Tam in this and Val, well he is what you would expect from Ms McKenna and then some dealing with Tam and wow does he deal with her! Like the others, I couldn't put this one down and can't recommend it highly enough.

Ultimate Weapon
Ultimate Weapon by Shannon McKenna (Mass Market Paperback - 5 May 2011)