Format: Paperback|Change

This Book explains how we all of us carry shame to some degree, even if we think none is there!
The Book explains how we may need to look a little closer.

This book explains how!

I enjoyed the insights that the book gave to me.

STEVE HAINES COUNSELLOR EFT
on 30 August 2014
Very good book, at helping you look at the issues of shame. Also has a good amount of self help exercises and advice in second half of book which help put info into practice
on 21 November 2013
This book is wonderful. It explains so many family connections and hidden dynamics. We are all in there somewhere and have something to learn from reading it.
on 4 July 2013
It's on my bookshelf and I'll be getting around to it as soon as possible, butI'm glad I have it and that I received it at such good value. Many Thanks
on 25 February 2013
One of the most powerful books in this field that I have read. A must for anyone on a journey of Self discovery and healing
on 2 May 2016
An interesting book, that helped me address certain things. However also goes heavily into the religious aspects of shame that i wasn't sure was relevant to me. Also there is an undercurrent of parental blame that, whilst good to recognise, is important to move on from. As with any of these books, certain chapters are more personally relevant than others. But as a good stepping stone to address areas of shame, it has much to offer.
on 29 September 2015
Arrived promptly well packaged. Very readable and a insightful book. Gets you really thinking and very accessible. You can read from start to end or dip into a particular topic. The end part of the book is written from a Christian perspective but plenty of 'meat' in the book to chew over.
on 10 December 2014
Brilliant book, used it several years ago and recall the pain and joy of getting to the root of matters. Maybe a little dated but certainly a good insight into "toxic" elements of families and social contexts.
on 26 January 2015
Definitely a classic read for anyone who has ever suffered from shame, self rejection or perfectionism. A good read overall although the last quarter is a bit of a pick n mix approach of ideas and techniques.
on 8 February 1997
i have trouble with low self-esteem. this book has helped me to see why i have low self-esteem. i have enjoyed this book more than any book i have ever purchased.