on 13 April 2013
I bought this for my son who aged 7, is a good reader and doesn't have too much trouble with reading big words etc. I bought this after looking at reviews and decided level 3 would be better. It arrived quickly however my son had read it from front to back within an hour of coming home form school!! He enjoyed it but compared to other level 3 books this one is short!
This is a well-illustrated introduction to the Marvel's superhero team, the Avengers. It consists of 22 double-page chapters, 14 of which are on individual Avengers, the rest covering more general topics. The artwork appears to be taken (or copied) from various Marvel comics, as I recognise some of the poses used. The (large) text accompanying the illustrations is informative and well-structured. The book is aimed at a young audience, indicated on that cover as those able to `read alone' - situated between `Beginning to read alone' and `Proficient readers'. As a child, I grew up reading comics, both British and American, and it didn't stop me from reading real books also. Hopefully, we live in amore enlightened age when reading anything should be encouraged.
on 30 December 2012
Bought for my six yo son and I found it to be a nice introduction to the world of the avengers. It was detailed enough to hold his interest and he learnt quite a lot of facts from it. At six, he's a bit young to read it by himself but can pick some words out himself. The only negative I would say is that some of the pictures have been stretched too much which has made them blurry and they look poor quality. Other than that it's great.
on 14 March 2013
this is a great book my son has read it over & over again.
lots of interesting facts about the avengers.
which has helped his reading & made him want to read even book.
on 13 October 2013
My 6 year old grandson loves this book. It is a good read for a 6 year old and perfect for them to read themselves especially of they are into their marvel characters.