on 30 November 2011
Bought this book as a Christmas present for my grandson, I couldn't resist having a look through it myself though. Found it very entertaining and I'm sure that he will enjoy it very much. It was much cheaper than the high st prices and delivery was very quick and it arrived in pristine condition. I would recommend this book as it has some very informative reading within its pages and I believe that it has good entertainment value. It will not disappoint.
on 27 December 2011
I bought this for my son for Christmas who was very pleased with it. I flicked through myself and it is a quality book with good photos. It is not a definitive book about ALL monster movies (as Landis says himself) but it seemed to include a lot of them to me! Book arrived within 2 or 3 days of ordering, undamaged. It is over A4 size and quite heavy! If you are a monster movie fan you will like this.
on 26 December 2011
Great history of another Horror charecters and movie sets. This was a great read to look at. Some Brilliant pictures and great horror both old and new. Even I never expected some classic movies like cartoon villians and a lot of fantasy films like: The Neverending story to be in this. But I would give this book the tumbs up.

Great job.

Andrew Phillip Tonkin.
on 29 December 2011
beautiful book about monsters! large format book with lots of big glossy sumptious photos to get your teeth into! wonderfuly written in an witty, honest, passionate style by an author who clearly has a passion for his subject ,got this book for xmas ,will be revisiting my hammer dvd collection very soon!
on 20 March 2014
This was just the book I was looking for. Packed full of photos, in colour & black & white (depending on the topic), from so many horror & monster films. It's a great "coffee table" book which will provide hours of entertaining research & have you spending more money on all those movies you've either never seen or forgotten about.
Some of the photos are quite graphic so, beware! Don't leave this book where sensitive souls may roam!
If I have to find something negative to say about the book it's that John Landis does tend to reference his own films quite often throughout but, there's a clutch of interviews with some of his fellow director friends that more than make up for the bit of self-praise. That & the fact that the title of the book is a little misleading as there is much more than just monsters within.
A book for both the casual & serious horror movie fan.
on 20 December 2011
from the front to back cover this book is packed with fantastic pictures and information about a range of monsters....
John Landis has outdone himself with this brilliant book...
a must have for all horror fans and even those that just enjoy the movies....
on 8 June 2015
A great coffee table book by the Wonderful John Landis. Author notations are kept reasonably brief allowing the monsters themselves to be the real stars of this large volume. It is broken up into sections separating genre of monster, which is great when you're trying to select a werewolf film for example.
My only grievance is that the new book I purchased arrived in rather poor condition despite the usual solid Amazon packaging. The book itself is scuffed and has several score marks embedded into the cover as though someone has used it as a chopping board. It really is a beautiful book and this is a real shame.
on 30 December 2011
Interesting book, that covers a good time line. The subject is really brought to life though the fabulous photos. Worth the money I would differently recommend to any movie lover.
on 7 December 2012
Fabulous book with great pictures. Good quality and well worth the price. Recommend for any monster fans out there! Even my young kids love looking for the monsters they recognise.
on 29 December 2011
Magnificent book, would make an excellent present to all movie lovers. Interesting adecdotes and stunning illustrations. A must-have book in all bookcases.