on 30 May 2010
There are many guides to choose, but this compact guide has everything important you need if you stay in Cairo for some days, especially if you do not travel in group. Considering the day of publication it is quite up to date. The maps (including pull-out map)also are helpful and correct with the exception of Mugamma building (anyway not of much importance for the tourist). The Top-10 guides are in general a good portable companion.For more in depth information you need a different type.
on 5 April 2011
Bought this book before booking a Nile Cruise to help me decided if I would enjoy the trip or not and also to give me an idea of the things I would be likely to see. It is not indepth but good for a brief outline of who built what and when. I have now booked my cruise and will be purchasing a more detailed book on the Nile.