I have a large number of these travel guides. What I like about them is their format – each book gives an overview (rather than lots of detail). It provides a summary of what is on offer. Inside is not just the obvious i.e. the Top 10 sights to see. Also you get things like the Top 10 museums & galleries, Top 10 markets, Top 10 Arts & Crafts, Top 10 events etc. – even the Top 10 things to avoid. That makes them very useful, and a unique approach to travel guides. I use them to decide what to do, and then use another book (or a website) to give me more detail if I need that.

This book covers, for example:
 The Strip
 Top 10 Festivals & Annual Events
 Top 10 Golf Courses
 Top 10 Childrens’ Attractions
(This is some, not all)

The book in its physical format is small - just small enough to fit inside a DL envelope (i.e. the standard white envelope, designed to accept a sheet of A4 paper folded twice). It is actually a few centimetres shorter than a DL envelope. This compact size makes it easy to fit into your pocket.

This book can’t provide detail – it can provide `the big picture'. I now normally take two travel guides with me – a DK Top 10 one like this and a detailed travel guide, to get the best of both worlds. If you just have a detailed travel guide, you can miss out on things that you wish you had visited.

On a separate issue, I originally bought my Top 10 books in the Kindle format (because I am a Kindle lover) and to my surprise found the Kindle format terribly irritating. It taught me that when using a travel guide, you want to be able to flick quickly through it and jump around easily - that's SO much easier with a physical book. In addition, you want it to be in colour - you can cure that by taking your iPad with you but an iPad is bigger and heavier than this book in its paperback version. You can get round that if you have an iPad mini or a large screen smartphone (neither of which I had when I bought this) but you are still left with the problem of being unable to flick around the book quickly. Travel guides just don't work well in the Kindle format, in my opinion.

You may feel otherwise but that is how I feel. I found the relative awkwardness in flicking around the Kindle book a major handicap. And this is despite the fact that I buy most of my books in Kindle format.

The beauty of these books is that they give you an overview, which means that you end up doing things that you would not have done otherwise.
on 28 October 2011
I bought this to help me plan a holday to Vegas. It had good basic information about all the basics and a good map. The book is a handy size and has good illustrations and photos.
on 5 December 2012
Out of date, repetative and misses out on realy good stuff. Not sure the author has been to Vegas. Would do better with the free papers you can pick up on the monorail - what we used. Left it in the hotel as not worth bring back
on 21 May 2012
A first class up to date handbook, well organized, pocket size. Well worth purchasing if you are visiting Las Vegas.DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Las Vegas
on 1 September 2011
Makes great reading many hints and tips well worth the money very informative will be taking with us on our trip
on 18 February 2013
I like the look of these guides and they are quite small so are portable. Can't review this properly as I haven't been to Vegas yet but Amazon want a review so this was it...
on 27 September 2012
This book is a must if you are jetting off to vegas and it gives you plenty of information and tips of where to stay, places to see and places to eat. Highly recommended.
on 3 January 2013
My friend got this for his birthday from me. He is currently in Las Vegas and has used this book every day. Would recommend and very easy to use.
on 8 January 2013
my mate found this very useful and says that this place is an eye opener, and visited all she wanted to with this planner
on 20 December 2012
A great big pocket guide to Las Vegas. Lots of detailed information about the hotels on the strip and other activities