5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book
Published on 1 Oct 2008 by I. lapsley

3.0 out of 5 stars Cross sections special edition
I bought this book for my son's birthday who has everything star wars and was most disappointed. Whilst the content of the book was all I expected it to be, the cover which I assumed from the picture was a 30th anniversary edition was not what I got. Apparently there are many covers for this anniversary ISBN and you will get which ever the supplier sends you and not...
Published on 13 Nov 2011 by Brothers

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 1 Oct 2008
I. lapsley (UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent book for any fans of the Star Wars franchise. I bought this for my son's birthday but have enjoyed looking through the fantastic cut out sections and reading the descriptions. I thought the quality of the hardback book with foldout pages was particularly good. If your a star wars geek like myself or just love them old books of cut out sections of battleships, you will love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference for Star Wars fans, Model Makers and artists alike., 21 Jan 2008
M. MCCLOSKEY (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars Complete Cross-Sections (Hardcover)
This book adds an extra dimension to all the behind-the-scenes type books DVDs etc. Just when you thought you knew everything about the models/ships, here is a book that shows you what you dont know (should be inside). They are fanatically detailed and to scale. I actually bought this to help me build a couple of the old AMT/ERTL models.
The drawings are so detailed they could easily be printed at 200% larger and you would still be engrossed looking at everything. There are some fold out sections which does help to show the illustrator's glorious attention to detail.
It is sorted in chronological order i.e. ships from Episode I first followed by II then III then last section grouped together Episodes IV-VI.

The text accompanying each drawing is equally detailed and done in the "factual" style as in the Visual Encyclopedias. Each with a datafile you could play Top Trumps with. We all know the Millenium Falcon is a modified Corellian YT-1300 transport (don't we?) but what I didnt know is that it had "2 Girodyne SRB42 sublight engines" !

There is a nice feature towards the end of the book on each of the 2 illustrators (Hans Jenssen and Richard Chasemore) with an example showing their art during each stage of work. This type of information always makes me appreciate the technical/artistic ability of creators even more.

One very tiny but practical complaint is that the book is so large at 36cm tall it doesnt fit on any of my shelves with my other StarWars/Lucas Arts/ILM hardbacks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking level of detail, 8 Feb 2009
My 11 yr old is no Star Wars addict but was really impressed with this. Amazingly detailed illustrations with a lot of detailed labelling and supporting text- it is Dorling Kindersley, after all. If your child is a Star Wars 'nerd' there will be plenty to go at here. Beware: younger children may need support with the reading level.

5.0 out of 5 stars star wars complete cross sections of spacecraft and vehicles, 15 April 2011
It is a must for star wars followers, drawings, descriptions double page glossy pictures. well worth the cost A complete comprehensive guide to the whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very detailed, 3 Oct 2010
I bought this for my 11 year old son who is a star wars junkie. He absolutely loved it. The airwork is superb. If you are into star wars in a big way I'd say this book is a must

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic purchase and great for Star Wars fans, 26 April 2010
P. Abson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars Complete Cross-Sections (Hardcover)
This is a fantastic book (as I have always found Dorling Kindersley books to be )and my 9 year old daughter was really happy with it. It goes into fantastic detail and is perfect for any Star Wars fan, but would even be of interest to adults who just love looking at minute detail on diagrams. The only thing I wasn't happy about, was the way it was advertised on Amazon. I bought two books at the same time on Star Wars Cross Sections, which were advertised in such a manner that you thought you were buying two completely different books by different authors (and at different prices). However when they arrived they were both the same! I did query this with Amazon and hope they have put it right, but just a warning, look carefully at the photographs of the front cover before buying (which I didn't!). If they look to be the same book they probably will be!

4.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars Complete Cross Sections, 8 Mar 2010
Cindy Gibbons - See all my reviews
Excellent book with detailed colour illustrations spanning all 6 films. Only disappointment was a large slice in the back paper covering, likely from a box cutter when the box of books was received at amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy nephew...., 24 Nov 2009
Ms. E. Potts "Eloise" (UK) - See all my reviews
This book was brought for our 9 year old nephew who absolutely loves Star Wars...we initially thought it was a risk on our behalf seeing his knowledge was already very expanse on the subject matter but he has absolutely loved it!!! It has already replaced torn old Star War books in his library collection and it has been taken on holiday - Big hit!!! So the risk paid off!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An anorak in space???, 17 May 2009
Smitty Werbenjaegermanjensen (real name) (Thread rehab facility 37) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Star Wars Complete Cross-Sections (Hardcover)
Ok, this book really panders to the anorak in me. All those tweeky details that matter not a jot that still have a strange attraction.

Kudos to the folk who took the time to think logically and imaginatively to fill up the spaces inside the eye candy.

Super artwork, fantastic attention to detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars for fans, 26 April 2009
We bought this for our 8 year old. He is v pleased with it and looks at it constantly learning all about the various spacecraft and vehicles. Only disappointed that Clone Wars series not included...

Star Wars Complete Cross-Sections
Star Wars Complete Cross-Sections by Kerrie Dougherty (Hardcover - 1 April 2007)
18.24