5.0 out of 5 stars A Green re-working of the Three Little Pigs, 9 Jun 2012
Bob Sherunkle (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Absolutely hilarious (and my two grand-daughters think so too). Eco-Wolf is a gentle hippie, happy with trying to invent new contraptions to save the ecology, until the peace of the wood is rudely interrupted by the three Big Bad Pigs, who want to raze the forest for speculative property development. (They probably thought the Watership Down story loses appeal after the destruction of Sandleford Warren.) It's a long hard struggle, but eventually the Pigs get their come-uppance. A great book for all parents and grandparents. The kids will love it too. Plenty of opportunity for silly voices when you're reading it to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, funny, and easy readers too, 28 Oct 2010
A. Roberts "Colonel haha" (France) - See all my reviews
My children (aged 6 and 8) love this book. It is funny, slightly naughty and is quite easy to read as the print is large, and there are only one or two sentences per page. The illustrations are whacky. I like it too as it makes a refreshing change from the often cloyingly earnest world of the "young reader". Will definitely be tracking down a few more in the silly stories series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous for all children but particularly boys!, 17 May 2009
S. Bell (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eco-Wolf and the Three Pigs (Seriously Silly Stories) (Library Binding)
I originally bought the box set of Seriously Silly Stories about 3 years ago to read to my Year 4 class and before I knew it, I had children queing up to borrow them, in particular, the boys. They are incredibly funny stories based on traditional fairytales but with a commical twist. Stories such as Cinderboy and Eco Wolf and the Three Pigs had the children in my class laughing away and begging for more stories. These books are now well thumbed and I have continued to use them with other classes but I would say they are better suited to juniors. I cannot recommend these stories enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars fab book, 2 Sep 2013
this was bought as a guided read during a topic at school. the children really enjoyed the book, some even got it themselves

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great adaptation, 3 July 2011
These stories are fab for kids around 5-8. They are a nice change for the young imagination that is bored with the usual 3 pigs story that your child had probably heard a million times at school.

My soon to be 12 year old still reads his!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eco-fun for kids!, 16 Nov 2010
Mr T Niwa (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Loved this story. A short re-telling of an old tale set to the modern theme of an eco-minded main character (the big 'bad' wolf!). A great twist on the traditional '3 Little Pigs' for children which will have them (and you) in stitches!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is fantastic, 22 Oct 2010
I love this book. It is a re-take on the traditional 3 Pigs story but in this one the wolf is the hero. I will buy it again as I gave my copy away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eco wolf, 31 July 2009
K. Carter - See all my reviews
This is a good story that lots of children will really like where the author has changed the view of the characters and is inspiring

5.0 out of 5 stars Huff and Pufff Man!, 4 Jun 2007
A. Pearson (UK) - See all my reviews
A brilliant, laugh out loud story.

Read what happens when Eco-wolf's valley is invaded by three bad pigs set on building noisy, polluting houses.

Can you rap? Can you sing? Can you Huff and Puff?

YES...then you'll love this. It's totally cool man!

Eco-Wolf and the Three Pigs (Seriously Silly Stories)
Eco-Wolf and the Three Pigs (Seriously Silly Stories) by Laurence Anholt (Library Binding - Jan 2004)
Used & New from: 5.78