4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
Published 20 months ago by JMD

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing and too long
I am sorry to say that this book didn't live up to expectations for me. The earlier books in the series were fantastic and the ending of book 4 was a massive cliff-hanger that had me eager to start this one. I thought we would be in for a thrilling ride however that was not to be the case.

I found Touch of the Demon to be too long, 100 pages could have easily...
Published 20 months ago by Claire's Book Corner

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Touch of the Demon: Demon Novels, Book Five (Kara Gillian) (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the best book yet in the Kara Gillian series. At last we begin to find out more about who she might really be. Mysteries unfold and more twists and turns inspire. There are wonderful descriptions of expanded awareness and there is the usual grit and determination and humour from Kara herself. She is such a delightfully down to earth and ballsy heroine. This bowls along at a cracking pace and has much more depth than the previous books.

4.0 out of 5 stars game changed, 25 April 2013
I was really surprised by this book, it's so completely different to the others in the series it felt as though the author had decided to put the characters in a different series completely. I actually preferred this to any of the other books, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 19 July 2013
I loved the entire series. This one is a little different but if you liked the earlier books you will like this one too. The writing is of a very high standard, as usual. Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing and too long, 18 Jan 2013

I found Touch of the Demon to be too long, 100 pages could have easily been cut from this book. This instalment is set in the Demon realm, which is not hell it is another plane of existence. Whilst enjoyable the descriptions of the Demon realm were plentiful and I eventually got bored of reading about them. But it was Kara that really didn't do it for me. Now it is some time since I read the earlier books and if I did a re-read maybe I would change my mind, but I found her character changed in this one. Kara went all a bit Anita Blake with everyone fancying her and Kara sharing intimate moments with other men (unlike Anita it was not all at the same time though) and I found it tiresome.

New characters are introduced and I thought they fit in well with the series and I'm pleased that they are there. There are big shocks in store though, HUGE shocks in fact and I applaud Ms Rowland for taking those steps. I do love an author upsetting the apple cart.

I will definitely be carrying on with this series and I'm hopeful that the next book will be better for me. I am probably in the minority with my views on Touch of the Demon so don't let it put you off reading it and I'm going to give it 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 17 Jan 2014
I must say that I absolutely love this series more so from this book onwards in my view it has gotten much better and I loved a certain demon lord beginning with M... ;) but from this book the series has improved a great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomesouce with major game change!, 7 Jan 2014
Diana Rowland is a one of the few rare authors who didn't allow herself to stagnate. It takes courage to turn everything you've learned on its head, and the only other author I know who did such thing was Karen Marie Moning with her Fever series.

The successful summoning in the end of Sins of The Demon brings Kara to demons realm, and all the next book she spends there re-learning and re-evaluating everything she knows. It's daring and awesome and strongly reminds me of World of Warcraft with its computer game-like sense of reality. The reader's emotions go through a roller coaster along with the main heroine's. Characters come and go, some stay your friends, others become your enemies... and some others blow your mind and just click as something right.

I loved that Kara had that. I loved that she found a new strength in her abilities and her new circumstances. She didn't break, she didn't wallow in her sorrows, she just got very angry and kicked butt. Anyway, I wholly recommend this series and can't wait to read the next installment which comes out this month. Read this.

Touch of the Demon: Demon Novels, Book Five (Kara Gillian)
Touch of the Demon: Demon Novels, Book Five (Kara Gillian) by Diana Rowland (Mass Market Paperback - 31 Dec 2012)