5.0 out of 5 stars Six and still going brilliantly, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Alien vs. Alien (Mass Market Paperback)
Being the sixth book in a series that has such a high level of brilliant little quirks, plotlines, twists and laugh out loud humor can be difficult to continue and enhance upon even further. Gini Koch has managed that with this book as she has with every book since the first. It keeps you guessing about what's going to happen next and continues to add to the comedic laughs where a comics geek girl can savee the day and do it looking good (or close enough). With details and plot information dotted throughout the book where needed but carefully integrated so that the the story flows from place to place and from every fight and flight smoothly and makes the reader want to keep on reading to find out what happens next.
The scenes described are graphic in cases and loving in many and lets the reader relate to kitty and all the other characters as though they are your best friend sitting next to you as you read.or as though you are experiencing them yourself.
A brilliant book which is part of one of my two favourite series I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Latest fun filled Kitty saga, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Alien vs. Alien (Mass Market Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoy fantasy sci-fi fiction which has humour and puns, plays on words etc and Gini Koch delivers this as usual in the latest in the Kitty series. This would make a surreal move too! Alien invaders attack the aliens here and the usual mayhem with a bit of sex, megalomania, many hunky men (fighting mostly). Of course the kick-ass intuitive women save the day... What more do you need except a cup of tea/coffee and a sofa?

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !!!, 30 Dec 2012
Philda (LONDON ,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alien vs. Alien (Mass Market Paperback)
What can I say except that I loved this book more after reading it again for the fourth time.I laughed so much at home and on my way to work that people who normally never say a word to each other or make eye contact were asking me for the title of my book and actually taking note of the author's name!!!
My favourite part was the Peregrines and Kitty.Soooooo funny!!!If you read this you will be happy for Chuckie and get a few answers about the tunnels beneath the Embassy.You will also see the relationships between Kitty,Jeff,Chuckie,James,Paul and the other lovely people change ,not always a bad thing I think.Change is necessary but not always wanted.Can hardly wait forAlien in the House (Katherine 'kitty' Katt).

Thanks for the laughs Gini!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Katherine "Kitty" Katt book 6, 3 Dec 2012
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Alien vs. Alien (Mass Market Paperback)
Kitty and Jeff have started to settle into their new roles as the Alpha Centaurion Diplomats, a career in Washington politics may not have been something Kitty has always dreamed of but she can fake it with the best of them and she's becoming an expert at dealing with both politicians and reporters. If they were normal diplomats then photos showing Kitty in a compromising position with her best friend Chuckie might spell out disaster but they're actually the least of Kitty & Jeff's worries. What with android attacks, more superbeings than they can reasonably cope with and an interesting arrival giving the Poofs a run for their money tension levels in the embassy are high. And that was before Jeff and Chuckie vanish without a trace! Kitty must juggle crooked senators, blackmail attempts, an impending alien invasion and keeping her baby safe while at the same time tracking down the two most important men in her life before their kidnappers can do them irreparable harm. Pretty much a normal day then, but this time she has to do it without the help of Jeff and Chuckie.

I've been a massive fan of Gini Koch's Katherine "Kitty" Katt series ever since I picked up Touched by an Alien last year. In fact it is one of my favourites - one of those series that I pre-order each instalment as soon as it becomes available on Amazon and one that I drop everything else to read as soon as I have the book in my hands. So I can't tell you how excited I was when Gini offered to send me and advanced review copy of Alien vs. Alien, I literally could not wait to start reading it! I had incredibly high expectations for the sixth book in the series but I'm happy to say that Gini not only met them - she surpassed them.

Fans of the series will know exactly what to expect when picking up one of Gini Koch's books. Her trademark humour, action packed story lines and shocking twists make for an edge of the seat thrill ride that will leave you breathless. Alien vs. Alien has all of that and then some and picking up any book in this series like sitting down with old friends for a catch up. I'm immediately sucked into Kitty's world and I'm irritated when real life gets in the way and stops me from reading. I was worried that Kitty and Jeff would have less drama and action in their lives now they're working as diplomats rather than heading up operations but if anything their lives have just got even more complicated. The threats are coming from so many different directions that it is hard to tell which enemy poses the greatest danger to them.

It was strange to see Kitty without Jeff by her side but I really enjoyed watching her prove herself a force to be reckoned with. Nobody is going to get away with taking Jeff from her and she is just as protective of her best friend Chuckie. Thankfully she still has plenty of people she can rely on, I love her working partnership with Richard but of course she still has Chris, Reader and the flyboys to back her up as needed. Without a doubt it is Kitty's wacky way of looking at things that is going to save the day though. I have been a fan of the Poofs since they were first introduced to the series but all I'm going to say is watch out for the latest delivery from Alpha Centaurion, it's guaranteed to make you laugh out loud. That and the new "woman" who is competing with Kitty for Jeff's affection! Alien vs. Alien is a fab instalment to a fantastic series and I'm already dying to get my hands on Alien in the House for my next Martini fix. If you're already a fan of the series then you need to get hold of this book immediately - if you haven't started reading it yet then you really don't know what you're missing.

Alien vs. Alien
Alien vs. Alien by Gini Koch (Mass Market Paperback - 4 Dec 2012)
4.69