Format: Hardcover|Change

on 4 October 2014
Far to short but good plot
on 17 August 2013
Given the subject matter, perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised at the miserable, tortured, filthy life of most of the characters, and the atmosphere of despair and doom throughout the book - apart from the relatively happy ending on the last few pages. Who'd be a gladiator, eh? Well-written, of course, but I don't think I'll be depressing myself by reading it again.
on 22 December 2014
Enjoyed reading it.
on 29 August 2014
another good book
on 10 October 2013
I have always been a great fan of the Simon Scarrow books, they are the 'can't-put-it-down' variety. Except this one. I could not believe that he allowed his name to be put to this, the language was awful, it was much too risibly gung-ho which his other books have thankfully steered clear of, it didn't hang together and it seemed to me that the co-author must have written it because this was nothing like the wonderful standard we are used to. Love your work Simon, please write on your own in future.
on 28 December 2014