5.0 out of 5 stars It caught me
Wow. This is the first Lisa Gardner book that I have read and I stayed up late, just so I could finish it. It starts with an incredible first chapter and never really lets go.

Published on 4 Feb 2012 by Wriggler

3.0 out of 5 stars Twist and turns and boredom..
Published 10 months ago by Dona Rendell

5.0 out of 5 stars It caught me, 4 Feb 2012

The story is told first of all through Charlie who has a turbulent past and is now convinced that she is about to be killed on a certain date, just four days away. Her two best friends have been murdered, in different state and in different years, but both on January 21st. Now it must be Charlie's turn. She manages to get in touch with DD, a detective in the Boston police force and the story just swings along from there, alternating between Charlie and DD's point of view, but without any let up in the fast paced narrative.

Charlie has hidden away from family and friends and made herself fighting fit just so she can defend herself against the murderer she is convinced will find her. She works as a police emergency call handler and her role has obviously been well researched as I learned a lot about the demands of this kind of job.

DD was a really likeable character, ridiculously tough and hardened on the one hand, but also contending with returning to work and leaving a young baby at home. I didn't feel that I was missing out by not having read the other books in this series, which was great and I really warmed to the selection of friends and colleagues DD gathered around her.

The story zipped along, dealing with sex crimes and pedophiles, which is a topic that has been done a lot in recent crime novels, but in this case managed to add a number of new angles that kept the plot twisting and turning. Best of all, I genuinely didn't guess the ending until I got there.

Definetly a recommended read and I will be adding to my Lisa Gardner collection from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars great as ever!, 17 Feb 2012
I love Lisa Gardner's books, loved that Quincy and his daughter and JT returned, will make no sense to anyone who has never read her books, but she is by far my favourite thriller writer, followed closely by Peter James and James Patterson's women's murder club series, shame its only 1 book a year :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripped, 21 Feb 2013
First Lisa Gardener book I have read and loved it will be heading straight to the store for another. Loved the characters and hate it when you finish a book and think you won't 'see' them again so delighted to hear I can meet them again. As for the story had me second guessing all the way through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Catch me by lisa gardner, 16 Feb 2013
Fantastic. Absolutely unputdownable. From the very beginning it had me on the edge of my seat, trying to guess the unguessable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Catch Me (Detective D.D. Warren 6) (Paperback)
Lisa Gardner is an American author who has written a host of thrillers and Catch Me is the latest novel in her Detective DD Warren series. I hadn't read any of her previous novels which would normally put me off (I'm a stickler for reading in order) but was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn't really need to know what had come before. Lisa Gardner did quick updates for those new to her books, telling you what you needed to know to enjoy this book without boring established fans with long recaps.

This is most definitely a thriller. Det Warren is investigating to seemingly unconnected crimes and the twists keep coming right up to the end. Even though I had an idea of where the story was going I wasn't quite right, and it made the end quite satisfying.

I felt the storyline was pretty unbelievable, I do tend to like a little more realism in my crime novels, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment too much. I also liked that Lisa Gardner didn't try to get added shock from the subject matter (child abuse etc) by going into detail, it felt quite factual and just told enough to move the story on. I was very grateful for this as I'm pregnant and wouldn't have been able to finish the book otherwise!

One final fact I liked was the bit at the end of the book (once the story was finished) where she discussed her research and influences. She fills you in there on cross-overs with her other series and also explains about annual sweepstakes she runs where you can "star" in her novel. I love that idea!

Overall I would recommend this book. I enjoyed reading it and would consider reading more of Lisa Gardner's back catalogue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Suspense, 14 April 2012
Lisa Gardner creates suspense like few authors can. This book had me tense with suspense all the way.
I've read most of her books, and loved almost all of them. "Catch Me" is up to the same high standard.
I was hesitant to buy this book for the price (I paid £6.99, which I consider steep for an e-book), but it was worth it.
My only quibble is that the book would benefit from in-depth proof-reading to catch spelling errors such as >to practice undo (undue?) caution<.
Maybe the publishers could spend some of the substantial income from the book on hiring a good proof-reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read! Don`t miss this one ..., 15 Feb 2012
I`ve been a fan of Lisa Gardner`s thrillers for quite some time now but I have to say she has really surpassed all my expectations with this one. In typical LG style no case, victim or suspect is quite what it seems, but it is the pacing of this story and escalating tension that truly makes it a must read for any fans of the crime genre.

3.0 out of 5 stars Twist and turns and boredom.., 23 Feb 2014
The book is well written and the story captivating. The reader is left to wonder who the killer is and the possibilities are not discounted until the last few pages. However, the characters are incredulous; I could not relate to either of them; the topic are banal, and the book is overly long; it can be shortened by about 100 pages without losing substance. I found it the weakest Lisa Gardner's book that I have read so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Catch Me, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Catch Me (Detective D.D. Warren 6) (Paperback)
Annother gripping story from Lisa Gardner. This author was recommended to me by someone we met on holiday, and I'm so glad she introduced me to these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars book review, 23 Feb 2013
this was very well written and had me gripped, the plot went in different directions first time i missed reading in a book instead of my kindle because I had to keep flicking back to check bits
brilliant

Catch Me (Detective D.D. Warren 6)
Catch Me (Detective D.D. Warren 6) by Lisa Gardner (Paperback - 3 Jan 2013)