4.0 out of 5 stars Wicked Business
Following on from Wicked Appetite, this is the second in the Lizzy and Diesel series. As we discovered in the first book, there are Seven Stones of Power, the Saligia Stones, each representing one of the Seven Deadly Sins. In the first novel, Diesel was trying to stop his cousin Wulf discover the Gluttony Stone. Now, their search turns to the Lust, or Luxuria Stone...
Published on 12 July 2012 by S Riaz

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
3.0 out of 5 stars same as book 1
Review:

I had the same dilemma with this book that I experienced with Book 1, it took me forever to read this book. The review copy (hardback) was sent to me months and months ago and I could never finish it. But I keep re-picking it up because I feel guilty that somebody made the effort of sending me this book and I hadn't read it. But I finally finished it...
Published 21 months ago by Cherry

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as always, 9 Mar. 2013
Janet Evanonvich ever invent funny and full of life and energy, great. I just started on the full series which are also full of her enviable imagination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 21 Feb. 2013
This is just as good as the first book! I love this series. However, I need more of them :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 6 Feb. 2013
If you want to relax with a book this is the one for you. Her style is brilliant - this is the one for when life is too serious and you need to be taken out of yourself for a while. I have read all of her books and can't wait for the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wicked, 5 Feb. 2013
Love Janet Evanovich books I can always get totally lost in them. Think the 2 of them need to get it on though - who gives a stuff about special powers if the bloke is fit!!!! Arrived in good time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Jan. 2013
I loved this book. I'm really looking forward to the third book in the series.
I loved the setting of the book, the characters are very likeable & it's just an easy to read book. It's the kind of book that works well with a nice cup of tea and some chocolate.
I definitely recommend Wicked Business.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read if you want a Plum substitute, 29 Dec. 2012
I got those as I'm a huge fan of Ghent Stephanie Plum book &like Janet's style of writing & like many Evanovich fans I've found the latest Plum book not the same as there earlier book. This book is a good substitute if your a Plum fan. You will find yourself comparing the characters but each of them are not quite as good as in the plum series. My advise if you you've read the plum books is go in &try &forget Trenton &you'll enjoy this book. If you havnt read the plum series read these first you'll love them...then read One for The Money! You'll love that too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous funny adventure - magic and mayhem wrapped up with comedy, 19 Dec. 2012
Wicked Business - A Lizzy and Diesel novel Janet Evanovich

I was supplied with this copy by publisher but as always on the basis that my opinion is honestly held and not influenced by whether the book was free or paid for. Integrity of reviewers is important to me, and false reviews do no favours to authors or readers.
Although Janet is a huge selling author I've never read any of her books (so many books so little time :( it seems ) so didn't know what style to expect. I really enjoyed it - its the second so far in a series. I didn't know the back story about Lizzy and Diesel from the first book but that didn't matter as it soon became clear what was happening and how the characters interacted. The characters are a great mix and foil for each other, steady, patient Clara the bakery owner where Lizzy works, dizzy Glo who is convinced her broom is magic and can do a few simple spells - she's great fun, then there's grim, scary Wulf and his assistant Hatchett, Lizzy herself and the delicious Diesel who she lusts after (and who wouldn't!!) but is off limits - as people with magic if they connect one would lose power and diesel is worried it may be him.
Diesel and Lizzy are on the search for the second SALIGIA, stone, unfortunately so are Wulf anf Hatchett and someone else....and they search turns into a madcap adventure of danger and intrigue wrapped up with slapstick comedy moments. Overall the tone is humorous chick-lit style - with a splash of forbidden romance thrown in for good measure. Its an easy to read book, no flicking back madly to see who came from where and what they are doing but an adventure that paces along happily with moments that made the Other Half say " what are you laughing at?" - I couldn't help it, Janet manages to catch me out with her sense of humour. Its a great treat to find a prolific authors who's works I haven't read - a whole new seam of books to be mined.
The book is a good length - I prefer something that really allows the story to flow into different areas and sub plots - and written so that its nicely finished although its clear it's one in a series there's no horrible cliffhanger ending. I really really hate those with a passion and they seem to have become really prevalent lately! I've been reading the paper back version although its also available on kindle and looking at the sample appears to be error free - as you'd expect from a big publisher but its amazing how often kindle format problems creep in and spoil a book so its something I always look at. Pricing is fair at £5.27 for 352 pages in paperback (on Amazon - recommended price is £7.99) and £4.99 for 321 pages on kindle version. Some big names have been increasing prices recently and I'm pleased to see Janet and Headline have kept prices affordable.
Stars: Impeccable writing as far as grammar etc go, plots that flow well and believable characters, along with a story with touches of magic and romance that had me hooked and guessing what was going to happen so it has to be ... five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Run-of-the-mill Evanovich, 8 Dec. 2012
J. Severn (LONDON United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
OK, if you're an Evanovich fan, you'll read it anyway; it's not one of her best but still good entertainment value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Janet Evanovich, 15 Oct. 2012
Great book as always - looking forward to more Diesel as he never lets us down - Janet's hysterical tales are a joy

5.0 out of 5 stars janet evanovich, 24 Sept. 2012
Yet again Janet Evanovich produces a book I can not read in public due to the many laugh out loud moments.Roll on no 3 in the Diesel series.Wicked Business (Diesel 2)
Whilst the Stephanie Plum series are my favourites this spin off series along with the between the numbers books,are fast filling up the space on my kindle.

Wicked Business (Wicked Series, Book 2) (Diesel 2)
Wicked Business (Wicked Series, Book 2) (Diesel 2) by Janet Evanovich (Hardcover - 19 Jun. 2012)
Used & New from: £0.01