4.0 out of 5 stars A great bit of Zombie Lit
Published on 16 Aug. 2012 by Ms. J. Clarke

2.0 out of 5 stars Steve Downing is Disappointed
Oh dear. Somewhere between the excellent Allison Hewitt is Trapped and Sadie Walker is Stranded, this series lost its charm.

Published on 26 Nov. 2012 by Mr. S. J. Downing

4.0 out of 5 stars A great bit of Zombie Lit, 16 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie Novel 2) (Paperback)
I loved Alison Hewitt is Trapped - the only reason Sadie Walker is Stranded got 4 stars was because in my opinion it wasn't quite as good as the first book, but it was still excellent. We see the events of the Zombie Apocalypse from a different perspective this time. It has been several months since the initial outbreak and Sadie is in Seattle, looking after her newly orphaned nephew, in a city that is slowly trying to rebuild itself and the community. For reasons I won't go into, the zombies make it back into the city and Sadie, with the help of her friend Andrea, is forced to flee whilst looking for her nephew Shane, who has been kidnapped.

Sadie and a group of others make their escape by boat and ultimately end up on another island where their survival skills are truly put to the test. With little food or water or shelter, they are pushed to the limits but then stumble upon another group of survivors and that is when things get interesting. Then this book ceases to be just another zombie novel about people trying to survive - it becomes a bit of a murder mystery / romance / horror story too and I enjoyed the different pace of this book. Everything happening on an island with few inhabitants was different and I felt the author did a really good job of it.

There are plenty of twists and turns, who dunnits and action to keep you happy if not slightly less zombie action than I was expecting - in some parts it really did seem a bit too light on the zombie action and the zombies less terrifying than I'm used too, just a little too easy to put down maybe? Thats the only criticism I have.

Overall - a pretty damn good zombie book, a good follow up (it was nice to see some connection between the 2 books although you couldn't call this a sequel to the first book, more a companion novel) and a very enjoyable read. I do hope the author decides to write more from this series, after all I would really like to know what happens to Alison and Sadie, or to witness the zombie apocalypse from a new kick-ass girls perspective1

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahoy me mateys, thar be zombiieees!!!, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie Novel 2) (Paperback)
This book begins several months after the initial outbreak that the book "Allison Hewitt is Trapped" revolves around. Sadie Walker is in Seattle, it's been fortified following the outbreak and is now known as The Citadel. It's zombie free, food is rationed, buildings are torn down to make way for vegetable plots and the citizens are regaining some sense of stability as they regroup. Sadie's an artist trying to care for her young nephew Shane whose parents are both dead due to the outbreak. He's quiet and uncommunicative mostly and Sadie naturally feels tremendous responsibility for his well being, not letting him out of her sight unless it's with someone she trusts and there are few of those. All at once their "stable" life is turned upside down, Shane is kidnapped, zombies are on the streets and Seattle/the Citadel is no longer safe. Sadie has to find Shane and get out of the city fast. Her best friend Andrea has the answer, her uncle has a boat and they need to be on it, but Sadie insists on finding her nephew. Ok, she finds Shane (cant have him zombie fodder just yet can we?) they get on the boat with the uncle and a few other people they don't know and set off in search of safety. They actually end up stranded on an island (the clue is in the title) with very little provisions, weapons, or clue as to how they'll survive. Enter the love interest. Sadie's out hunting soon after their arrival and she saves a man's life, she needs medical attention though so he takes her to his camp (paradise compared to theirs) and tends her wounds. Sadie's group moves to the camp taking the pressure of their survival off slightly. But not all is what it seems. There are zombies on the island to contend with but strange things start happening and people start dying and soon suspicion and paranoia grows, can she trust anyone? This book had me gripped from the start, characters are diverse, there's plenty of action, dilemmas, humour, twists and turns to keep you reading. I highly recommend it. This book can stand alone, there are a couple of references to Allison Hewitt by our heroine as in "what would Allison do?" When she's in a bind but she explains about Allison's blog early on and what little she knows of her so it's not essential to have read the first book but its fab so treat yourself :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wanting More..., 9 Feb. 2012
simon211175 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
After the amazing Allison Hewitt is Trapped, I moved straight in to this sequel. I was not disappointed.

Although this book isn't written in blog format, the style of writing is still very similar to the first book. The characters were again all really well written, but this time I found them slightly harder to warm to.

Apart from the excellent plot, and great writing, there were two extra things in this book that made me smile - the author taking the time in the book to slate the Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1) series, and also to pass comment on the totally brilliant Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD].

This book was pretty much available at the same time as the first, so I knew it was here waiting for me. I have no idea at the moment if there will be more, but I do hope there will. Recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Steve Downing is Disappointed, 26 Nov. 2012
Mr. S. J. Downing "Stevie D" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie Novel 2) (Paperback)

The first book was a compilation of blog entries to which other survivors were able to respond, which neatly explained both how and why Allison Hewitt took the time to write up her experiences amongst the limb-cleaving bloodshed. SWIS returns to simple first-person narrative without explaining how the story is being committed to text. For me, that left a glaring hole in the story, particularly since the blog was a clever and engaging plot device.

The opening sequence, in which Seattle is invaded by zombies shortly after a fight-to-the-death between the title character and her boyfriend as he tries to kidnap her nephew, is, as you can imagine, exciting. Unfortunately, the book unravels quickly after the small group of survivors escape the breached city by boat.

I was unable to spend any more time with the cringe-worthy chick-lit stereotypes beyond the half way point of the book, despite repeated attempts to overcome the urge to leave it on the floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent second novel, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie Novel 2) (Paperback)
After devouring Allison Hewitt online via wordpress and then the rest of the story in the novel, I felt as though I could have read more and more. Allison's character was so well written and so funny, then I pre-ordered Sadie Walker. I read the whole thing in a day. The characters were well written again, it showed a deeper view a bit further into the apocalypse and it was far creepier than the first novel.

Now in my opinion you just can't go past World War Z and The Walking Dead for zombie fun BUT Madeleine Roux has created an equally enjoyable world in these books. Well enjoyable for us, I'm sure those facing the apocalypse aren't having such a good time!

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not like it at all, 18 Jun. 2014
I didn't like this book, personally I found the main character annoying, the story is silly and in the end is the silliest story I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome read!, 1 Sept. 2013
Mrs. K. Perry - See all my reviews
I loved it!!! was gripped the whole way through and would definitely recommend it to any Zombie fans out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, not as good as her first., 11 Aug. 2013
I bought this as I really enjoyed Alison Hewitt is trapped. Compared to the first novel, it took a little more time to get into. But when i did get into it i was very much into it. Couldn't put it down for hours. I will be reading the rest of Madeline Roux's books.

4.0 out of 5 stars follow up to allison hewitt is trapped, 27 Mar. 2013
I loved the first novel by this author so was very keen to read this follow up. This book was an engrossing and enjoyable read, featuring the main characters adventures on an island populated by both friends and foe (not just the zombies!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great second novel, 6 Mar. 2013
I love the first book an as soon as I'd finished that one, I picked up this one. It was a little slow going at the start but I think that was mainly because of going straight from Allison and all her dreams near the end of the book, to a brand new storyline that had to establish its characters.

Give it a try, zombie fans. If you've read the first book than great, you'll understand some more of the references but this is by no means a sequel. If you have read the first book, this is more a novel than a collection of blogs but don't let that deter you.

I've not researched it at all but I hope that there will be a third book just over the horizon; maybe trying all the survivors stories together (even more I mean).

Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie Novel 2)
Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie Novel 2) by Madeleine Roux (Paperback - 19 July 2012)