1,218 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A cracking good read!!!!
Over the last few years I have dreaded Martina's yearly books whilst I opened each one with hope that she had at last gotten her mo Jo back I was disappointed with the mediocre quality of the books she churned out.

Published 14 months ago by WomanofSoul

I am an avid Martina Cole fan and have every one of her books.
I have started to read Martina's books all again.... in order... right from the very first book she wrote, and am thoroughly enjoying each & every one. I broke off to read her latest one Revenge, but was so disappointed with it.
I kept putting it down as it was so boring and dull, but then decided...
Published 5 months ago by Freda Priddy

4.0 out of 5 stars A cracking good read!!!!, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)

Revenge i am happy to say is Martina Cole nearly at her best once again! I found myself completely immersed in the story and could not put this book down! I won't spoil the story for anyone but I found the whole book riveting and the who dunnit element a real guessing game, she set the story perfectly and you are left thinking just who would dare to come after the Flynn's.

The characters were strong and there were some points where I truly was shocked at the turn of the story.

Her books in the last couple of years seemed to pad out a lot of the story and she often repeated her story and characters points of view over and over until you were at screaming point, except for some chapters at the end of this book that just stop me giving the book the full 5 stars MC refrained from doing this and the strength of her writing shines through! Like I say except for near the end when she seemed to lose the story a little this book reminds me of Martina's early work and I am really glad I didn't give up on her!

A great read that will keep you up into the dead of the night.... Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back at her best., 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
This is Martina Cole back to her best. I loved this book from start to finish, couldn't put it down. I honestly never knew what the outcome was going to be and I hope there's a follow up. So if your reading this Martina there needs to be a follow up. Absolutely brilliant book. Back on her throne and hopefully there to stay if she writes another one like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revenge, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
As per usual with Martina Cole's books, i could not put this one down, lives up to expectation, only problem will have to wait another year for her next book.

4.0 out of 5 stars doesn't disappoint, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Another brilliant thriller from Martina Cole. She builds the tension carefully until the reader is breathless. As usual, the characters are well drawn and believable. I hope to hear more about Michael Flynn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Martine write with such integrity and grit you feel like your stood at the side of the characters living and breathing there every moment I laughed cried jumped and gasped with horror fabulous thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Martina never fails to deliver!, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book. Really difficult to put down. Read it in 2 days. Fabulous storylines. Liked that loose ends were also tied up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish... not a patch on her earlier books!!!!!!!!!, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Revenge (Paperback)
I am an avid Martina Cole fan and have every one of her books.
I kept putting it down as it was so boring and dull, but then decided that it had to 'get going soon' so kept going with it.... when it started to get interesting ,if you can call it that, towards the end of the book, by which time it's too late!!
The
As I am reading her earlier books which are fresh in my mind, I can honestly say there is no comparison at all to her recent books, which she brings out on a yearly basis.

Jessie Keane, Kimberley Chambers, & Mandasue Heller are all similar crime writers, and I have to say their books and plots are more gripping and enjoyable than Martina's.
I think she has had her day.... this latest book Revenge proves it, as I feel she really struggled to keep the story going.
Maybe she just writes a book annually as 'she needs the money'.
I think she should 'retire gracefully' as her early books prove she did have it once.... but it's no longer there I'm afraid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Complaining about pre-order prices...?, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Hardcover)
Perhaps those people awarding 1 star based on the pre-order price ought to read amazon's 'pre-order price guarantee' before complaining. A star rating on the actual content of the book would be far more helpful to all of us wanting to know if the book is worth a read! To that end, I would say it is the usual good read from Martina Cole although still not a patch on her early work.

1.0 out of 5 stars clichéd to the point of it actually being funny, stereotypical casting of the villians (boss, 8 Sep 2014
This review is from: Revenge (Paperback)
It's quite difficult to put into words just hpw awful this book is but here goes....

No discernable plot, lazy writing (copy & paste from previous novels), clichéd to the point of it actually being funny, stereotypical casting of the villians (boss, drug dealer, a heavy that does money collections etc), absotely pointless 'dialogue' which has nothing to do with the wafer thin plot. I could go on and on but I've wasted enough time reading this tripe.

Like some others have said, I was speed reading from around two thirds in and missing out huge chunks to get to the end.....which was as ridiculous as the rest of the book.

Probably the worst book I've ever read, I only wish there was a no-star rating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally disappointed Tricia Houston., 19 May 2014
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
This was terrible book, it took me forever to finish it. I thought if I kept reading it. It would get better but no. I have read all Martina Cole books.., but this was to say the least the worse. I have read so many good authors since getting a kindle fire but I won't read another Martina Cole book.

Revenge
Revenge by Martina Cole (Paperback - 24 April 2014)