5.0 out of 5 stars James Patterson meets Jackie Collins!
Published on 8 Nov. 2012 by Best Crime Books

3.0 out of 5 stars Same ole same ole
Published on 23 Nov. 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars James Patterson meets Jackie Collins!, 8 Nov. 2012
Best Crime Books "Best Crime Books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Did You Miss Me? (Hardcover)
I have read nearly all of Karen's books and rarely read one that I don't love. When her newest book landed on my doorstep a few days ahead of publication (thanks to the Publishers) I was excited as I ripped open the package. However, my excitement was replaced with shock as even by Karen Rose standards this book was a humdinger at 544 pages. With the synopsis read in seconds I poured myself a brew and immediately got stuck in.

For this that maybe haven't read any Karen Rose books this book, along with any other can be picked up and read in any order as a stand alone book. For those that have previously read Karen's books, you will see familiar faces from previous books. IN Karen's last book PI Paige Holden is the main character along with State Attorney Grayson Smith. Both Paige and Grayson return in this book but as the background characters to both State Attorney Daphne Montgomery and FBI Agent Joseph Carter.

What I loved about starting this book was not only being introduced to Daphne and Joseph, but seeing what other characters were up to in their lives. Daphne's son Ford Elkhart is actually the main focus of this book and he is kidnapped and only recalls what happened when he wakes up on a cold dark floor and realises he is tied up and being held. The book takes an immediate dive into the kidnapping and we see many chapters start to form threads. I was totally and utterly engrossed and found myself being drawn back to the book every time I attempted to put it down.

There are numerous threads and people to keep track of and at the halfway mark I had to take a breather as I realised I needed to get it all straight in my head?!? I had block read at least 250 pages and felt like I had overdosed on crime! Luckily a good nights' sleep sorted that out and the next day I resumed reading the rollercoaster ride of a book! The characters Daphne and Joseph each have their own demons and skeletons and as the story progresses we see the layers of their pasts slowly peeled back. I liked the suspense you are kept in, even though I am the most impatient person. As usual the actual crime scenes are written vividly leaving a somewhat sour taste in my mouth at times, but by no means put me off!

Joseph and Daphne are both characters I really liked but the two that really pulled at me were Clay and Stevie. They were only in the book for small periods of time but I SO want to find out what happens there (I just know I'm going to have to wait on that front!). The plot itself had plenty of twists and turns and kept me guessing until the very end of the book. The one thing that stood out this time round was the sex! Yep, that's right people I did say sex! Karen Rose is a great crime writer, but her genre (if people care to check) is romantic suspense. It irritates me when people grumble about this in her books because it's what she does, and believe me when I say it's what she does best. Karen Rose surprised me this time round and at times I wondered if I had inadvertently picked up a Jackie Collins (not a bad thing in my book!).

All in all, this book, although long even by her standards, was an absolute cracker. Karen Rose is first class at these sorts of books and this one didn't disappoint. As usual, you are in for a bumpy ride which will have you reading from morning until night. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Karen Work of Craftsmanship., 14 Nov. 2012
ACB(swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Karen Rose is prolific in her lengthy thrillers. This is another superb example that occupies time with rewarding results. Following on from 'No One To Tell', this embraces some of the characters from that novel but the emphasis has changed. Ford Elkhart is a 20 year old who last remembers walking his girlfriend Kimberley MacGregor back to her car. Next thing he wakes with a headache, bound and gagged with bones surrounding him. His mother is Daphne Morgan, Assistant State Attorney who took over from Grayson Smith. She is recovering from her own medical problems. FBI agent Joseph Carter is not so sure the kidnapping of Ford is related to Daphne's prosecution of a white supremist for murder as Kimberley seems to have also gone missing. The Millhouse family and Mitch Roberts are suspects.

This is the beginning of an intriguing investigation by Karen Rose's characters, of which there are many. The reader needs a sharp memory or be a read-in-one stayer. Grayson Smith returns as do Paige Holden and Clay Maynard with forensic scientist Bodie. The main flux, however, follows Daphne and her tribulations and frustratons, wrapped in danger, searching for the missing persons and the criminals, aided by the excellently portrayed Joseph and Stevie. The character interaction is a prominent feature both professionally and also often intimately, but tastefully done in context.

The pace of the narrative with the character development, suspense, unexpected and absorbing escapades captivates the attentiveness of the book's progression to the very end. This is typical Karen Rose. Stirring, side-stepping, adventurous prose. Expertly written and thoroughly enjoyable. Keep guessing the outcome as it goes along.

5.0 out of 5 stars best book yet, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Did You Miss Me? (Hardcover)
I have read all of Karen Roses books in my opinion this is her best one yet, at 534 pages you would think did you miss me? would drag, but this is not the case, the book moves at a fast pace with plenty of twists and turns. It was great to meet up with characters from previous books, and learn more about them, and although at times there seem to be far too many characters to get your head around, they all play an important part in Did you miss me? Karen Rose manages to make her characters multi dimensional, by building each character up over the book. I will not give a description of the book as there are already plenty on here, but if you enjoy a story which is full of suspense,unpredictable, is hard to put down and makes you feel you are on a roller coaster, with all the twists and turns, then I am sure you will enjoy Did you miss me? Would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good thriller, 7 May 2013
I have read all of Karen rose books and this is another well written books. Good plot with a few twists. The only negative point was , there were along of characters but it all pulled together.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 6 May 2013
It had you guessing all through to the end. Really good story lots twists and turns Would remmend this book to read

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant storyline, 22 Feb. 2013
If you are a Karen Rose fan you will so enjoy this book. It has a gripping storyline that has you hooked from the opening paragraph, and I love the way she brings in past hero's and heroines so you feel really involved and can wait to turn the next page. I love her writing style and am a true fan who truly cannot wait for her next book.
Think it will really have to be something good to top this one as it has to be in my top three of her books. Great read for fans or first timers.................

3.0 out of 5 stars Same ole same ole, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Did You Miss Me? (Hardcover)
Like another has written before me, I do like Karen rose's books but to be honest last few have been very similar. Her basic formula is aLways the same but now her plots and characters are becoming very alike too. Overall the book is not a bad read but a tad predictable. Too much is going on with far too many characters and it does get a bit confusing. But what I really had problem with was the amount of times female lead says "thank you" to male lead.it got a bit annoying after few times.But I have noticed the same annoying trait in almost every KR book. I guess her heroines are just very polite. Over all same old same old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Crime Writer., 7 May 2013
Mr. A. E. A. Baldry (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Did You Miss Me? (Paperback)
I have always found Karen Rose to be a great crime writer and would heartily recommend her books to anyThrller enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 30 April 2013
Once again Karen Rose doesn't disappoint in delivering a story full of suspense and leaving the reader unable to put the book down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous, 27 April 2013
This was an exiting book full of tension, twists and turns and as fantastic as ever as with all her books

Did You Miss Me?
Did You Miss Me? by Karen Rose (Hardcover - 8 Nov. 2012)