Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 January 2014
This was my first book by this author which I got on Kindle. A lovely heartwarming story not without its tragedies. It spans the years in the aftermath of the First World War and chronicles the lives of a close knit Liverpool family. It is fairly predictable but I would recommend it as a good holiday read. Will definitely read lots more by Lyn Andrews.
on 3 November 2013
It takes a wonderful author to turn what is essentially an ordinary story of, average people going about their daily lives into an engaging and engrossing read. But this is what Lyn Andrews achieved in Sunlight on the Mersey. There was no moments of dramatic suspense, no bad guys hiding waiting to attack the good guys, no danger lurking around the corner. This book was just about a working class family surviving day to day, facing the challenges, tragedies and illnesses that life threw their way. This book drew you in because the author made you care about the characters and what happened to them. They were real people that anyone could relate to. Each had strengths and of course their flaws, no one was perfect which in my opinion makes for a great character, someone whose a little like me. I was surprised to see how the time quickly passed by as I read. It was a relaxing book, a good way to curl up on what at least in my part of the world was a cold dreary day with a rain and snow mix falling outside. Soon that gloomy picture outside my window was forgotten and I was lost in the world of the Mundy family eager to see where life would take them next. This is my second Lyn Andrews book and given that we are about to embark on a long dark cold winter, I look forward to reading more of her stories if only to escape for a few hours from the bitter cold of a Canadian winter.
on 8 January 2013
Just couldn't put it down until I'd finished it. Lyn Andrews writes about the places I know and love.Ann Davies
on 9 January 2013
great read could not put it down whens the next book out would recommened this aurthor to anyone have read all of her books
on 20 January 2013
Great book in true Lyn Andrews style. Really enjoyed it and would recommend to all who enjoy Lyn Andrews as an author.
on 27 February 2014
very good book. Enjoyable from start to finish A very good auther.I would recommend it to any one.It is a must.
on 22 February 2014
not to be missed one of the best book I have read love Lyn Andrews work hope to read more
brilliantly book
on 19 April 2013
I have read a lot of Lyn Andrews books and find them very enjoyable. Again, it's a favourite era of mine and I enjoy stories about family life in the past. Andrews certainly knows how to tug on the heart strings.
on 24 November 2013
The story brought home the immense differences between those that 'have' and those that 'had virtually nothing', but in a way that showed a level of understanding without 'judgement'. A good 'weave' of lives...
on 13 April 2014
I enjoyed this book thoroughly, and have never been disappointed with this author, having read several other titles from her collection of works, I would say that this one stacks up with the best of them.