Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 December 2011
I've read a few of lyn andrews' books and some stories I couldn't get into. This one, however, is great. Easy, uncomplicated, but still a great read.

Lyn brings her characters to life with a few surprising twists and turns along the way. I'll definatley buy it when it is out in paperback. If you are looking for a christmas present for someone who either has read lyn's books before, or hasn't, this is a great one to start from. Another good choice is 'Far from home.'

I look forward to Lyn's next book, just hope it is as good as this one!
on 1 September 2012
This book was a very good read I like all Lynn Andrews books they are always good.
The seller was good very quick and I would buy from them again
on 22 February 2013
cannot believe im writing this because i love lyn andrews books, having just got a kindle ive been buying her books and dissappointed that beyond a misty shore is the exact same storey as when tomorrow dawns, only with different names
on 4 January 2014
Lynn Andrews writes very easy to read books - some better than others - but all are worth reading as they are good bedtime stories. I do enjoy them - the only thing i'll say against them is that the same story line (more or less) keeps repeating itself! Girl or 2 girls have to leave home (ireland or isle of mann) go to liverpool - find work in large department store or as dressmaker (with amazing natural talent) - meet boy, heartbreak, happy ending. Its astonishing just how often that storyline occurs. BUT read them - but read other authors inbetween to give yourself a break from the similar tales. If you like Lynn Andrews you will love Ruth Hamilton. Good books to pass some time with.
on 22 December 2015
It is crazy. Beyond a Misty Shore is EXACTLY the same story as When Tomorrow Dawns, the caracters just have different names.
In each case the "aunt" has a strange lodger, and they all move to a posh part of town with a lovely old lady who leaves them everything.
Main caracter in Misty Shore in love with neighbour who is married to low class woman, Nora, in Tomorrow the main caracters neighbour (whom she loves) gets tricked into marrying Rosie, same woman, different name. Same story.
Very disappointed. Been tricked into buying the same book where caracters have different names.
on 13 January 2013
I've read loads of Lyn Andrews and enjoyed them too. I enjoyed this book, but I have to say it was a little bit predictable and also it reminded me of a book of hers I'd read years ago, where two people fall in love and the man is married to an undesirable woman who gets murdered.

Having said that I did enjoy it and it was nice to read about the Isle of Mann, which doesn't get mentioned in many of her books.

East relaxing read. Would recommend.
on 2 January 2013
PRESENT FOR MY SISTER, SHE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED IT. SHE HAS ALL HER BOOKS AND ALWAYS WAITS FOR THE NEW NOVELS.
on 15 February 2014
Having just read When Tomorrow Dawns ( v good) I found the set up of the story to be the same e.g. young war widow with young son and sister in tow arrives in Liverpool for work and stays with a relative whose house is a mess. The sisters then clean and tidy the house. The rest of the story might be good, but the similarities at the beginning were too much and I stopped reading it.
on 4 June 2016
A truly lovely read.

A wonderful double love story set in Ireland and Liverpool after WW2.

I've read the majority of Lyn Andrews books and this one is as good as (if not better) than those I've read previously.
on 26 December 2012
Maybe I've read too many Lyn Andrews but I coud tell where the story was going. Sometimes the characters are too goody goody (like being left a house by the lonely old lady). Too easy reading.