Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 June 2015
Karens Formula is predictable..however suspense was evident from the later end of the Book. The first part of book was dedicated to creating character profiles and the bases of the romantic involement of the two principle characters...all characters were likeable..but if you are a reader of Karen Rose..you will already know the formula and just have to plug in different characters into the roles along side a new story line..
on 21 January 2013
I have read all the books in this series and they can't come out fast enough, the way Karen Rose has taken a character from each of the books and taken them to the next one but given them a story in their own right is so good. Its like when you don't want the book to end because the story is so good...with these i don't mind because in a way the story is continuing a little bit. They also keep me on the edge of my seat from start to finish !! Would highly recommend to anyone who likes a good thriller with a little bit of love thrown in for good measure !
on 9 February 2013
Very good book once again the same story line as every other book from Karen rose. I just once would like to see a different story line they are all beginning to read the same. Shame really as I like Karen rose.
on 23 January 2012
Karen Rose is superb at what she does, she knows how to grip readers from the first page and there's plenty of twists and turns. A fabulous read once again. Thanks Karen - I'm now an avid fan and can't get enough of these thrilling books. I love all the characters and get to know them so well, which is a real credit to the writer. Keep them coming!
on 26 November 2012
I have recently discovered Karen Rose and am really into her books. She writes well, and always has the perfect combination of romance and suspense. I also like that the books are connected with references and appearances of certain characters from previous books.
on 19 April 2004
this is an exceptional book.a sceond novel for new author karen rose, it follows the plight of special agent steven thatcher (who we met in don't tell)who is after a serial killer. he kills young cheerleaders, shaves their heads and mutilates them.this book also follows steven thatcher's family from his young son who was abducted in the first book to his eldest son, who has "other problems".this is a gut wrenching but very well written book, that allows you to follow the story with ease and sympathy.i was a huge fan of karen rose's first book( don't tell) and highly reccommended it and i also reccommend this one.
it's not often you come accross an author of this calibur and i'm thankful that i have, it has been a joy to read such a well written story.
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 April 2012
Having read other books by this author and really enjoyed them I found this one really disappointing I was expecting a thriller but this is mostly a romantic novel
I am half way through the book and it is mostly focused on the relationship between thatcher and his sons teacher nothing gripping in this book at all
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 February 2009
A serial killer is abducting highschool cheerleaders, and murdering them in a gruesome manner. Special Agent, Steven Thatcher is on the case of trying to catch the killer, before he strikes again. Steven has enough troubles of his own, as he is a widower, with three children, the eldest of which has been acting in a strange manner, in recent weeks.

I found this story an enjoyable and exciting read. What I really like about this author is that she is very good at creating characters that make you want to care about them. In particular, Steven Thatcher, his family, and highschool teacher, Dr. Jenna Marshall, who Steven falls head over heels in love with.

This is a good, nailbiting thriller.
on 24 January 2005
This was the second of KR's books that I have read and I wasn't disappointed. I loved the main characters, they had guts, brains and came across as caring. The suspense in it was great as was the humour. The whole book was well written and didn't feel rushed in anyway. One I would definetly recommend.
on 28 August 2015
This book had me engrossed in it from the start to the end,and I even felt like crying in parts it was so good,this is only my second book I have read of Karen rose,and it won't be my last ,can't wait to read her third book.