Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 September 2001
For those who have read the other two books in this series, you are in for yet another treat!As usual this book can be read idependently from 'The Unsung Hero' and 'The Defiant Hero' but I certainly enjoy revisiting old friends from previous books. The usual characters appear once again. This is the story of the Senior Chief and a pretty helicopter pilot, with a few additions to the ongoing love /hate relationship between Sam and Alyssa. As usual though, this is the thin edge of the wedge.The story unfolds as an aeroplane is hijacked with a number of passengers aboard, one thought to be A U.S. Senator's daughter. Read how SEAL Team Sixteen save the day in a mission, which is described by one of the favourite characters as an episode of 'The Love Boat'. This book will not be a disappointment! Looking forward to the next instalment in the Spring of 2002.
on 16 September 2002
Over The Edge is the third in a series of (so far) 4 books: The Unsung Hero, The Defiant Hero, Over the Edge and Out of Control. Although the main plot in each book can be read in isolation, I recommend reading them in order as there is a significant secondary story line which builds up with each book. The books are about a team of US Navy SEALS and each book is usually dedicated to one team member.
I am normally not interested in reading about soldiers, but something about these stories really captured my attention, in particulare Over the Edge. The characters are very vivid, the action fast moving and the various threads cleverly interwoven. I for one can't wait for the fifth book to come out...
on 17 September 2001
The 3rd book in the series that includes THE UNSUNG HERO AND THE DEFIANT HERO.. that she is a real pro.. with emotion.. not affraid to have her strong men in her books cry and show grief..This story is full of excitments its cover a hijacked plane.. and some readers will find this hard to bear considering the recent horror in the US.. but apart from this its shows us how heroine/heroes come into the making..excellent read and one that is hard to put down infact it had me up until 4.30 am and still I had to force my self to stop reading and get to bed... Its features again the SEAL team from her first two books and I look forward to next one.. and they keep getting better
on 14 September 2014
I told a pal from Uni that I like to unwind after a long day with a simplistic story with some twists and turns but nothing which would involve critical thinking -as a Psychology student, you could imagine the sort of technical mumbo-jumbo course work I'm lumbered with! I told her I like adventure, explosions, comradery, a little violence but ultimately a series where I fall in love with all the characters. For me, this series has just about everything down to a T.

Yes, it's incredibly 'Mericu!', the antagonists are always Muslim extremists from a made up Thingy-stan country. That's my only bug bearer so far, but I'm very left wing politically. I approach it as fiction and so enjoy it as such, which is why I haven't rated the book down for that matter. The first book, Tom's book, was fantastic and had me captivated from the get go. The second, not so much. Not that I disliked the story, I just favoured the character less.

I read Over The Edge in a week, though could have read it in a day, that's how much I enjoyed it. It focuses around my current favourite SEAL, Senior Chief Stan, with a captivating hijacked plane story which had me hooked from the minute I started reading it. We see a little of each character in every book, and I am now really looking forward to working my way to Max's book!
on 5 September 2011
I am a fan of Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter books. "Over the Edge" was the last one missing from my collection to date and so hard to get. I loved every minute of reading it. It tells us the story of Lieutenant Teri Howe and Senior Chief Stan Wolchonok. Teri is a young talented helicopter pilot and Stan is an honorable experienced superior. Both are drawn to each other but Teri has a difficult past that haunts her career and Stan is the man who made it his career of tackling difficult challenges. In "Over the Edge" Gina and Max's story begins and Alyssa and Sam's love struggle unveils further. The book also contains a World War II sub-story about survivors of the Holocaust in Denmark. This is a very hardwarming and beatiful storyline. All in all "Over the Edge" is action packed and full of adventures and misadventures of the great characters of the whole Troubleshooter series.
on 26 January 2014
I have read this book more then twenty times as its my all time favourite book, it's has everything you could want, brilliant romance, witty writing, action, adventure, laughter, tears and heartbreak. I would recommend this book to anyone. The author, Susanne Brockmann has been a must buy author since her early day publishing Alpha Squad books and her Troubleshooter are just a brilliantly written but longer titles to be able to explore the character more fully. As soon as it was available in ebook format from Amazon UK it was a automatic download and over the course of my life this has only happened to me a few times and that makes this title very special indeed. If you want a book to really make you feel then this is the book for you. It's a keeper. Would have given more stars if I could. Looking forward to the latest title from this author coming in February 2014.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 May 2014
Wow. What can I say. Just loved this book. Must be one of authors best. Complex story, plots, sub plots. Was so gripped by the writing which is far superior to others who try and imitate. I will reread this paperback that bought from a shop last year.
I was so drawn to the story, the action and the romance. Note, author doesnt do graphic sex scenes, there is some description, enough for rest to be visualised., I feel let down, sad now book finished. But at 504 pages well worth money paid but I didnt want to say goodbye to characters. Felt the whole gamut of emotions, the last being tears at the end. So tender. Highly recommend.
on 8 April 2002
I know that Suzanne Brockmann is extremely highly-regarded by a lot of fans, but I feel very uneasy with her gung-ho tales of US derring do performed by Navy SEALS while showing their tender side. My discomfort stems from the cultural imperialism inherent in the books: the Americans are pitted against barbarous terrorists from an imaginary country called Kazbekistan, aka The Pit. I find the description of this country, its inhabitants and the role of the US simplistic and verging on the offensive.
This book features a hi-jacking by suicide bombers who seem to be Muslim. An American hostage is extremely brutally treated by these people in a way that seems fairly gratuitous. There is also the story of a Danish Jewish woman who survives WW2 intertwined with the main story, and I couldn't really work out the role of this character in terms of plot advancement, character development or thematic evolution.
This the second of Suzanne Brockmann's I've read. She comes extremely highly recommended, and I do think she is a writer who can explore touchingly and sensitively the ways in which people fall in love. But the basic premise of these books remains the idea that it is the good old US of A that is our only defence against the extremists of the world. If that doesn't bother you, I am sure you will enjoy this writer's work.
on 27 August 2012
This is the third book from the Troubleshooter series and so far the best (IMO). Although the books can stand alone, you will miss out on so much if you don't read the previous books.

The action is fast paced and as in the other books it is not just about 2 main characters but we are also let into other peoples worlds - and how the past has made them the people they are today, and the twists in the end will have you wanting more

I am certainly not disappointed in this series - another blockbusting read
on 29 May 2012
I had to give up on this book half way through, which ive never ever done with books, but this one was a struggle, although the synopsis sounds good the plot is very weak, the author should have spent more time dealing the hijacked plane not trying to get ever character to sleep with each other, this isn't Hollywood, take a writing class from James Patterson or Lee Childs, Rant over.