5.0 out of 5 stars Suzanne Brockmann writes entertaining stuff., 24 Dec. 2000
By A Customer
I've read most the The Tall Dark and Dangerous series of books about U.S. Navy Seals (Everyday Average Jones, Prince Joe, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear etc, etc, etc, too many to list and all brilliant) and I expected this one to be just as good.
This one is about another U.S. Navy Seal by the name of Tom Paoletti, I was not disappointed I absolutely loved it. It is a very well written and entertaining book and it is not just another romance novel. Suzanne Brockmann writes excellent stuff and puts in plenty of detail and I did not get bored with it. She does not just focus on the two main characters Tom Paoletti and Dr. Kelly Ashton she also puts some of the spotlight onto the people surrounding them such as Charles and Joe the two veterans and the teenagers Mallory and David I just kept turning the pages over and over until I finished it as it was so good.
I can't wait for the next book as far as I am concerned when she writes books of this calibre I will always buy them and know that I am buying good quality romantic fiction and not run of the mill stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Steamy SEALs, 11 May 2003
The Unsung Hero is the first in Brockmann's excellent Troubleshooter series and so far my favourite. An incredibly sexy SEAL fighting back from injury, terrorists and a trio of love stories in one, what more could a reader want from a novel? I fell for the book from just reading the blurb on the back and certainly wasn't disappointed when I really started reading it.
On the way back to his Uncle's home to take some rest and recouperation time after a near fatal head injury, Navy SEAL Lt. Tom Paoletti spots a terrorist that's haunted his dreams for too long. His romance with Dr Kelly Preston, a woman he'd loved for years, is thoroughly believable and incredibly sweet. The other two romances in the novel certainly don't disappoint either, especially between Paoletti's Uncle Joe and Kelly's father Charles and a French revolutionary, Cybele. The trips back in time are bittersweet and incredibly moving.
The thrilling action is a wonderful background to the rest of the themes in the novel, the team of SEALs immediately likable. Sure fire winner for all fans of romance and well written novels in general. Can't wait for the latest novel in the series to emerge later this year. Brockmann is always a sure fire winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suzanne at her very best!!, 2 Jun. 2001
By A Customer
I have always thoroughly enjoyed Suzanne's Navy Seal books but this one was just brilliant - the storyline was exciting and so much more than just a romance between Tom and Kelly. David and Mallory's story was just as good and I kept wanting to peek to see how the story of Cybele, Joe and Charles ended. If you like Suzanne's stories about the SEALS, read this one - I'm now starting "The Defiant Hero" and can't wait until the Autumn for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars A well told tale!, 27 Aug. 2014
I love this series from Suzanne Brockmann.

While each of the troubleshooters books can be read as individual self-contained stories they do run together to give the later books a general background and history. Having read several of the later books I decided it was time to start over at the beginning, partly in order to get the timeline sorted out but mostly because I loved the others so much I wanted to read everyone's story.

I love the way Ms Brockmann writes because, unlike some authors, she doesn't feel the need to conceal vital plot information in order to prevent the reader from working out the intentions of the bad guys. By giving the reader the pertinent information at the same time as the characters get it she draws you in to the plot and you become one of the team rather than just an observer.

The characters are well written with enough background history to make them believable and allow the reader to become invested in their lives. You get to share their hopes and fears. their laughter and their tears.

I realise that that last statement sounds a little corny but this book really did move me to both laugh out loud and blink back tears. I recommend it as a thoroughly good read!

5.0 out of 5 stars better than I expected!, 2 Jun. 2014
Very good I thought. The story circulates primarily around the protagonists, Kelly and Tom, but also offers you side characters and their stories which, at the time seem annoying and a little irritating, but also have their own relevance as discovered later.
An easy read too, and I particularly enjoyed Tom. For once, it's the male alpha hero who wants the relationship and the female who needs convincing. I found their yes/no relationship very believable which is an added bonus.
Would make a fab summer's read.
Rated five stars as I have bought the sequel

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 22 May 2015
Mrs. R. H. Pattinson (England) - See all my reviews
The first Suzanne Brockmann I have read. Loved that there were 3 love stories involved throughout. Great story, characters you could relate to. Will be downloading the next one!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Unsing Hero by Suzanne Brockmann, 14 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Unsung Hero: Troubleshooters 1 (Paperback)
I enjoy Suzanne Brockmann's novels. They are fast paced, have exciting plotlines and believable characters. Each one is a thrilling read, very enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 6 Feb. 2015
Bit of a slow starter but stick with it. By half way you want to know how the main storylines will end. Gripping finish

5.0 out of 5 stars troubleshooters unsung hero, 22 May 2013
M. B. McMenamin "mayghirl" (renfrew scotland) - See all my reviews
i love the troubleshooter series. am now on book 9 and still lots to go. suzanne brockman is a great writer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong characters, great story telling., 31 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Unsung Hero: Troubleshooters 1 (Paperback)
My first glimpse at the Navy Seal team 16 I've been hearing so much about.

This book started out at quite a slow burn. There were three distinct strands to the story and I preferred two of them over the third one which was told in retrospect. Probably because I knew from the present day accounts that it didn't end well. The other two stories at least had a glimmer of hope to them.

I really enjoyed the romance of the main couple, Kelly and Tom. I don't usually like my characters to have too much past history together, I'm not a fan of the lovers reunited plot device where everything is all bitter with loads of baggage and resentment, but this wasn't like that at all. What they'd had was more of a "near miss" as teenagers and they had never quite forgotten it or each other. This provided a very strong foundation for them as a couple and made it more emotive for me.

The second storyline was a kind of Beauty and the Geek thing. I have a massive soft spot for a geek with a heart of gold (as my nickname might suggest) so I absolutely LOVED this part. It might have even been my favourite bit.

The third romance we learned about was more of a tragedy and as I said, these parts were the slowest for me. It was just so bleak.

The plot regarding the possible terrorist attack was more in the background than I was expecting- this was definitely more of a character driven novel than anticipated. But I really enjoyed it once it found its legs.

I give it 3.5 stars

The Unsung Hero: Troubleshooters 1
The Unsung Hero: Troubleshooters 1 by Suzanne Brockmann (Paperback - 29 Oct. 2009)