5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift
Delivered on time. Great xmas present for my father in law, he started reading xmas day and has put it down,
Published 8 months ago by Helen

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit repetitive
Interesting and amusing but a lot of stuff from previous book. Liked the "rating" regarding the heroes and occasional villians in Matt's life.
Published 10 months ago by Mikey

1.0 out of 5 stars Tales from the Jungle - I don't think so!!!, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Matt Dawson's Lions Tales (Hardcover)
This book, bought as a Christmas present, is nothing more than psycophantic yarn of Dawson himself doing Celeberity Masterchef, SCD and QOS, with the odd tale of Brtish Lions tours he was on. If the book is about Lions Tales as the title suggests it would not even reach 50 pages and so perhaps Dawson or his editors have padded this out with other bits and pieces of his life.

Quite frankly where does 'My Top 15 Celberity Master Chef contenders' fit into a book about rugby and the British Lions. The same for 'Top 15 Question of Sports contenders'?

Fact = It does'nt. This is poor from Dawson and I am surprised he has allowed his name on it. It's about as shameful as his article in 2001 which he was rightly pillaried for. This does nothing in my view but tarnish the name of an excellent rugby player.

Terry

PS - I still haven't forgiven him for ruining my 'Sydney Morning Herald - 23rd November 2003 Front Page' which he ripped when signing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 10 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Autobiography, 15 Nov 2013
Mr. G. Johns "Master Mason 6407" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Matt Dawson's Lions Tales (Hardcover)
An absolutely brilliant read! I've always liked Matt Dawson's rugby skills - and this book brings me up to scratch on his views on this wonderful game, as well as history that I wasn't aware of. As a former Rugby Union Second Row Forward, I was able to relate to the explanations he included, and get a player's opinion of, not only the game, but also the players, coaches and referees. Well done Matt - I'm glad I just happened to tune into The One Show when Matt was on it, recommending this book - I have no qualms about recommending it to everyone who has, like me, a love of this game...Thank you Daws...

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit repetitive, 30 Oct 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read on a fantastic player, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Matt Dawson's Lions Tales (Hardcover)
Matt Dawson is one of the greatest rugby players going and this book truly does him and his adventures justice. Brimming with great antidotes that make me laugh and also intrigue. If you appreciate the thrill of the game and are interested in learning about the passion behind the action then this is the perfect book for you. I picked this up on Monday and two days later I've found myself more than half way through. The detail and insight to The Lions has been thoroughly enjoyable and I look forward to reading the rest. A must have for any half decent bookshelf!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 Oct 2013
This, whilst masquerading as a tale of lions derring do and an insight to the banter and behind the scenes look at the Lions, is actually just Daws cashing in on the latest success down under to flog stories about him and his England pals. Granted the lions 97 victory is mentioned extensively in the first third of the book, almost as much as the Enland World Cup win. Ah well carry on going with it, maybe I will eventually get what I thought I was paying for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for present, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Matt Dawson's Lions Tales (Hardcover)
hard to comment yet as it was bought as a Christmas present so as yetn my husband has not read it.

Matt Dawson's Lions Tales
Matt Dawson's Lions Tales by Matt Dawson (Hardcover - 26 Sep 2013)