5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious yet utterly believable
This is a really funny book about a man writing a guidebook about France. Despite the humour, every single event in this book remains completely believable, and the main 'characters' are easy to identify with. All in all, a great read.
Published 24 days ago by gdj

1.0 out of 5 stars Glad I only paid 99p!
With the long ist of positive re iew Iwas looking forwardto reading this, but unfortunately I ended up sorely disappointed. I found the writing rather poor and somewhat meandering without any real sense of purpose. The humor was lacking and at times the inner view of his family' travails quite embarrassing.

A dissatisfying read of a book which seemed to be...
Published 8 months ago by Nino

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious yet utterly believable, 9 Aug 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars A trying trip through France, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
This book was a little tedious at the begining but then I gradually warmed to the family and sympthised with the wife.

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious and heart-warming, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
Ben Hatch has a fantastic knack of capturing everyday family events with witty observation that strikes a chord with the reader.

I am happily recommending this book to everyone I know who has ever been on a family holiday!

5.0 out of 5 stars Road to Rouen, 28 Jan 2014
Miss J. Desler "Jan the reader" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
If you have read his earlier book about his trip around the UK I recommend this one. It may put you off taking a similar trip, or may decide you to copy it, but you are there with the Hatch family all the way. A few times I went past my station on the Underground because I was too engrossed which is the mark of a good read in my books (no pun intended).

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly suprised, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
I don't normally read travel guides however after being followed by Ben hatch on twitter I thought I better read his book. A very funny book about his own French holiday with a family. It did remind me of childhood holidays in France so I could relate to this book. The funniest bit was the last few chapters about euro Disney just as i imagined it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed out loud!, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
Laugh out loud funny! Lots of situations to relate to - Smuggling food into Disney had whole family in stitches! Great read, thoroughly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly engaging, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Paperback)
A thoroughly entertaining book,charming and witty, I know it's a cliché but I really could not put it down. I could not recommend it more, and would urge you to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top read, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
Great easy reading, anybody who has been through the journey to France with a young family on a self drive holiday can relate, although I follow Ben hatch on twitter it's the first book of his I've read and was not disappointed and will not be the last of his I read either

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book: it made me laugh out loud. As others have said, it's the story of a family trip to France to research a travel guide, but it goes much further than the initial premise. I laughed so much my husband asked me not to take my kindle with us when we went out in case I embarrassed him with my guffawing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant foray into what it means to be a family, 28 July 2013
Mrs. R. L. Dove (wakefield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
After reading his first book, I could not wait to again delve into the world of Ben, Dinah Charlie and Phoebe. I was not disappointed. Sometimes raw with emotion, always big on laughs, this book highlights the issues most families face: work, money, kids, career all set to the backdrop of France.

In some parts it was like reading about my own family and our struggles, hopes and fears and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I look forward to seeing just what the Hatch family do next.

Road to Rouen
Road to Rouen by Ben Hatch (Paperback - 24 Oct 2013)
6.29