5.0 out of 5 stars Most enjoyable, n'est pas?
I enjoyed reading this immensely and have done so within two days since purchasing the book - signed by Mr Suchet - in Nottingham last Wednesday.
Anyone who loves Agatha Christie's quirky creation and the superb acting and diction of David Suchet will find the book a great pleasure.
He has given viewers so much joy and rich entertainment over 25 years, and the...
Published 8 months ago by Nick

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring and Interesting too
Having read the 'look inside' excerpt I thought this would be a really good book to read. It was nicely written. There were some interesting facts and information about Poirot but, I did find it quite boring and repetitive in some parts.
You have to persevere with this book.
Published 4 months ago by Bookworm

‹ Previous | 17 8 913 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great price, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Poirot and Me (Hardcover)
The book is a great insight to the actor and character, it is in some ways similar to the TV programme but in more detail. The delivery was fast as you would expect and i saved about 4 from a local store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable memoir, 6 Feb 2014
Maine Reflections (Hancock, ME United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Poirot and Me (Hardcover)
I reviewed an earlier book on the making of Masterpiece, and said I was disappointed to see very little of Suchet's Poirot in it. On another review of a bio of Jeremy Brett, which I enjoyed, some nice person let me know there was an autobiography out by Suchet, and I could order from amazon UK if I were willing to pay international shipping. I immediately ordered this book, and it was such a pleasure to read, just what I had wanted. Besides giving details about the show, the padding he had to wear, etc, Suchet's main theme is telling us all about his approach to this character, how it had to be authentic. To do so, he had to voice his strong opinions as to whether Poirot would have done or not done this and that, every little gesture he researched to stay true to Christie's books. Now I understand why he was so good in the part. We are so blessed to have and actor of his caliber pour so much talent and integrity into Poirot. Love my Suchet, wish I could meet him someday,

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for every Poirot fan, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Poirot and Me (Hardcover)
I'm not the book type of reader, but I do really like the Poirot series by David Suchet. It's well made, well acted and above all David Suchet, Pauline Moran, Hugh Fraser and Phillipe Jackson did a great job with the 13 part series.

After the 12th series I've heard that David Suchet did a book. I've looked up here in the Amazon UK shop and found it. When it arrived home I immediately started it to read and its well written. This is a real must read for every Poirot tv-series fan, it's like a diary and tribute to David and Poirot.

I really hope that the few documentaries of David Suchet and Poirot come on DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Poirot explained by brilliant Suchet., 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Poirot and Me (Hardcover)
Brilliant explanation of his brilliant performances by a delightful, intelligent man. As an actor I appreciated the professional insights. But I think they were explained in such a way that even the layman could easily understand them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas present, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Poirot and Me (Hardcover)
Was pleased with this book as my husband is a Poirot fan and getting it on amazon was so much cheaper than the shops

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for fans, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Poirot and Me (Hardcover)
This is is fabulous book for Poirot fans, lots of colour photos, a must if you are a fan of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poirot book, 25 Jan 2014
val (staffordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Poirot and Me (Hardcover)
Got this for my dad for Christmas - he's Poirot fan - seen all dramas and this book helped him to look back to how David did things.

Dad loved it only needs to vist Agatha Christi's house now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have., 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Poirot and Me (Hardcover)
If you're a Poirot fan this is a must have book. Good photos and Poirot related stories. A lovely read.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice piece of whimsy, 23 Jan 2014
R. marsh "swampy" (somerset, uk.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Poirot and Me (Hardcover)
if your looking at buying it then you know what its about, and not much more to say, if you like suchet as poirot then you'll like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Poirot and Me (Hardcover)
excellent book, it was very enjoyable read. I woud recommend this book for all fans of the TV series on Agatha Christies, Poirot.

‹ Previous | 17 8 913 | Next ›

Poirot and Me
Poirot and Me by David Suchet (Hardcover - 7 Nov 2013)
17.60