5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read for the Beach!
First day on the beach in beautiful Tuscany armed with this book and from the very first chapter I was hooked. There were lots of intertwining plots to keep me from putting the book down for long. I warmed to the leading character, unlucky in love Anna, who buries herself into her media law career. The media law covered in this book helps you understand the darker side...
Published on 8 Aug 2011 by Sunglasses

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as her most recent book
this book was ok. very slow in places and a lot of characters to get to grips with. her latest book was by far much better.
Published 11 months ago by lila c

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 510 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars definately 1 to read, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Private Lives (Paperback)
like all tasmina perry books this was excellent it is a "cant put it down " book. buy it now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 21 Jan 2013
R. Utting (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Private Lives (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book, can't say it grabbed me from the beginning like the previous 2 Tasmina Perry books I've read (Private Lives and Kiss Heaven Goodbye) but a good read NON the less! More twists and secrets that keep you guessing and good likable characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Private Lives, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Private Lives (Paperback)
Another enjoyable read by Tasmina Perry. Cannot wait for the delivery of her next novel. I already have it on order.

4.0 out of 5 stars Escapism, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Private Lives (Kindle Edition)
Wonderful read again, Tasmania Perry provides excellent material to escape into, would definitely recommend. Perfect choice for when dreary January gets too much!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read for a holiday, 22 Oct 2012
This review is from: Private Lives (Kindle Edition)
I have to say I was a bit disappointed with this book. It is very put downable, certainly not a page turner. A gentle read, which didn't really pick up speed until three quarters of the way through. If you are into chick lit, you'll probably enjoy it, otherwise don't bother.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, perfect for lovers of chick-lit, 22 Oct 2012
This review is from: Private Lives (Kindle Edition)
I love all of this author's books and this one didn't disappoint. The story was great escapism, not too taxing on the brain. People who love Jilly Cooper, Victoria Fox etc. will love this. Would be great to take on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great summer read!, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Private Lives (Kindle Edition)
I read this book in one air plane trip, I was hooked! Great chick lit and we'll written. It was my first Tasmina Perry book and I can't wait for my next!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining!, 9 Mar 2012
Alison Petrie - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had read Tasmina Perry's "Daddy's Girls" which I thoroughly enjoyed so very much looked forward to "Private Lives".

"Private Lives" covers all my guilty pleasures - I'm star struck, sad to admit, and this book is about celebrities and protecting them from the press. I love a good, gossipy read - doesn't have to be great literature but "Private Lives" is extremely entertaining and gallops along at pace.

As so often happens with such novels, the main character Anna has had a chequered romantic past and so she decides to concentrate on her career in law and dealing with celebrities. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to give the plot away but "Private Lives" is well worth a read, very good of its type, and great when you just want to switch off and let your imagination take over.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 9 Feb 2012
Thinker (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Tasmina Perry is really great at creating an exciting fast moving story that takes a while to read, this is no different and I feel as if you can rely on it being a great read every time she brings out a new book.
From the beginning of the book the story grabs you in with the twists and turns, I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 24 Dec 2011
EssexReader (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At nearly 700 pages this is quite a hefty tome however its worth the wrist-ache involved in holding the book and I sat up until the early hours to finish this. Tasmina Perry is a former lawyer and this shows in the depth of subject matter and research. The book is topical - the storyline is based around a firm of media lawyers obtaining privacy injunctions for their clients and how they use the law to try and hide their dirty secrets. The leading character is Anna Kennedy, a young media lawyer working for Donovan Pierce. Her first case for the firm doesn't go to plan and she sets out to prove her worth to her very demanding boss Helen Pierce. Anna finds herself getting involved into a possible murder mystery and along the way finds romance - and danger. I really liked the character of Anna, she wasn't a backstabber like some of her colleagues and although she is driven by her career she shows her vulnerability, especially when dealing with her family and in particular her sister - who is now engaged to Anna's ex-fiance. There is a large cast of characters - some likeable, others not but they all have their part to play in the story - add in the glamorous locations and lifestyles of the rich and famous and you have a perfect holiday read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 510 | Next ›

Private Lives
Private Lives by Tasmina Perry (Hardcover - 4 Aug 2011)