5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and light
I loved this book. Certainly, it's no Gone With the Wind, but is is light, well paced and enjoyable. The characters were well formed, and I loved the main protagonists, and would definitely read it again.

If you like historical romance, then I think you will enjoy this. My only gripe is that it wasn't longer.
Published on 29 Jun 2010 by Charlie Farley

2.0 out of 5 stars The title of this book says it all!
Published on 19 May 2010 by normally a fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and light, 29 Jun 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond cut diamond, 30 Aug 2010
This review is from: A Most Lamentable Comedy (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
Lady Caroline Elmhurst and Nicholas Congrevance have a few things in common--they are both broke, good-looking and attractive to the opposite sex. Till they meet at the Otterwells' house-party, they have not hesitated to capitalize on their charms. However, when they do meet, they are immediately attracted, to the detriment of their hearts and purses!

2.0 out of 5 stars The title of this book says it all!, 19 May 2010
This review is from: A Most Lamentable Comedy (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
I ordered this book because I enjoyed the only other book I have read of Ms Mullany: Intimate Relations. Yes it was lightweight but it was fresh and funny. I wish I had just left it there because this book has made me vow not to read this author again. Her hero and heroine are, frankly, horrible. Both poverty-stricken, they meet and think the other is rich. The woman is so desperate that she will have sex with any man as long as he has money. Ditto the man. I hated them both and to be frank, I didn't finish the book. Flicking through it though I came across this quote from the heroine: "I am mightily bored" Sums it up well.

A Most Lamentable Comedy (Little Black Dress)
A Most Lamentable Comedy (Little Black Dress) by Janet Mullany (Paperback - 23 July 2009)