Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 February 2015
Not the best Kenny G I have had and I've had most of his music. It is okay but perhaps a littled mixed at times losing the sense of Rhythm and for a Kenny G fan like myself not one I'd recommend.
Thoroughly enjoyable. graham evokes a lovely atmosphere and I found it most gripping. Looking forward to buying some more books by her.
on 3 January 2016
Love it couldn't put it down and would recommend to my friends and family . Hope u enjoyed it as much as me
on 1 October 2013
Hard book to read could not get into it .
I don't think it's my sort of read but I stuck with it
on 30 September 2015
bad pacing, slow, and then rushes towards the predictable end
on 9 September 1999
I loved this book - it wasn't a murder story like the other books involving Barnaby, but it was brilliant anyway. I felt that the vicar was a very dull character though - he could have been anyone, not necessarily a vicar.
on 19 March 2015
love these books
on 10 January 2016
Brilliant read.
on 31 March 2000
Caroline Graham's earlier books have been serious or overtly humorous, the later books are a strange mixture of subtleties and caricature. Whether a book is enjoyable or not seems to depend on the balance between the endearingly or interestingly eccentric, the irritating and the obnoxious. I enjoyed 'A Place of Safety' despite the presence of the forthright Cully, who can dominate a book even if she's supposed to be nowhere in the vicinity. (There seems to be a disproportionate number of fictional detectives with actress wives or daughters. I don't know whether authors use them in the interest of plot, as a way of introducing further elements of drama or because they think there are characteristics common to both professions.) I still find the author's use of product name-dropping excessive, almost enough to justify the addition of explanatory notes before the foreign and large print editions come out. The descriptions that don't use this device often seem much more interesting and inventive. It is difficult to classify all the books as a whole. Even in the main series different readers may find different books more or less congenial, but they may find it worthwhile to read more than one book before they decide what they do think of them.
on 10 June 2015