4.0 out of 5 stars Nina Jones and the Temple of Gloom, 31 May 2010
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Nina Jones and the Temple of Gloom (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
Nina has a slight problem, she has fallen in love with her boss - who just happens to be a very happily married man. Desperate to move on she jumps into starting a new life with Juan, moving to a country where she doesn't know anyone and can't even speak the language. When things go horribly wrong she is left homeless and without a penny to her name and takes refuge in the flat of a deceased family member. It isn't going to be easy to start her life over again but perhaps she'll be able to do it with the help of her new friends.

I really enjoyed Nina Jones and the Temple of Gloom and will definitely be on the look out for more by Julie Cohen. Nina is a very likeable main character and I found it very easy to relate to the position she found herself in. I think most of us have fallen for the wrong person at least once in our lifetimes & I know I've ended up in a relationship with the wrong person at least once! So as much as you are mentally screaming at Nina not to jump into things with Juan while you're reading what she does is completely believable and even understandable in the circumstances.

Although I couldn't see what she did in either her boss or Juan I loved Vicktor and could definitely see the attraction there! I enjoyed watching Nina turn her life around and would definitely recommend this book to romance fans. If you're looking for a light entertaining read that will have you laugh out loud you should definitely give this a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely romantic comedy, 9 Jun 2010
I so enjoyed this I didn't want to finish it.

Nina goes from one ill-judged, unrequited love to another ill-judged love affair. It's not clear why, until you work through the story and the cracks in her make-up are gradually revealed. And by the end, I was really rooting for her to get it right.

In its class, this is one of my favourite books.

If you like entertaining, romantic and funny reads, this is one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 19 Mar 2014
Very enjoyable read that I could not put down. Very good price. When I received this book I could not wait to read it

4.0 out of 5 stars we are all Nina Jones...., 20 Oct 2010
Having read many of Julie's Little Black Dress books, and some Mills and Boon's, this was on my 'must have's list. It's got an interesting theme this time, instead of being just a romance, it echoes 'appearances are not what they seem' very well. My fave bits are from half way thru when she comes a cropper, and ends up with the marvellous creation Evangeline in the Temple of Gloom. Tip - don't read the funeral scene in a public place!
Great read, easy to dip in and out of, until the second half, when it's a 'keep you from dreamland' belter!
d
x

Nina Jones and the Temple of Gloom (Little Black Dress)
Nina Jones and the Temple of Gloom (Little Black Dress) by Julie Cohen (Paperback - 4 Mar 2010)