5.0 out of 5 stars Pure escapism!, 26 Oct 2012
This review is from: Honey Trap (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
I have been meaning to read this book for awhile, however it wasn't until I went on a writing course led by the author that I finally picked it up. I would like to say on record, that my decision to read this book wasn't influenced in any way by this post - (...)
There is nothing on record about my thoughts on Patrick Dempsey what so ever. *coughs* Moving on to the book!
I read this book practically in one afternoon as Mr Steele accompanied me on my journey to London and back last week. This book is pure escapism! I was quite lost in my own little world while reading this book. I was completely swept away by the story that easily blended suspense with romance.
Within the first paragraph you are hooked, as you try to work out how Sophie would know her blind date was a scumbag, definitely creating a page turning tale that must be finished. There are scenes of a sexual nature involved, so probably not one to leave out and about around the kids.
Sophie, the main character, has issues with trust. As her story unravels you understand why she decided to take the career moves she did. Her issues with trust are only strengthened when she tries to resist the charms of Dominick Steele, who in her eyes, epitomises everything she hates in a man who appears at first glance to be a habitual cheater. The story follows them both as they cope with situations that escalate out of their control, as they try and get past the issue of trust.
The book has a real 80's feel to it, as Sophie goes on tour with an old band, making a huge comeback and I found myself feeling quite nostalgic for my Wham days!
If you grew up loving books such as Imogen and Olivia by Jilly Cooper, then you will truly love this story. It was spine tingling and moreish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 8 Aug 2012
This book is a very good book i've read it before in paperback but since having a kindle i have read it again. The imagination and the places Julie Cohen uses are fantastic i've read this so many times i know she has other books but the main characters in the book are fantastic and i hope she continues them on in a second book at first i thought i wouldn't like it but i soon got into it fantastic. Would recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars really enjoyable, 25 July 2012
This review is from: Honey Trap (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
This is so different from recent chick lits that I have read. I read it in 24 hours and really enjoyed it.I would recommend it

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read, quite entertaining, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Honey Trap (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
I became quite addicted to Little Black Dress books a few years back, so when Amazon recommended this book I thought I'd give it a go.
I was really quite hooked from page one. The storyline was quite different from many other LBD books that I have read so it made a nice change. The chemistry between Dominic and Sophie is quite entertaining at times. Would definitely recommend this to other LBD readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 16 April 2012
This review is from: Honey Trap (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
Some of the best chick lit I have have read in a while - do yourself a favour and read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read., 5 Sep 2009
This review is from: Honey Trap (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
I bought this book because I read "Spirit willing, flesh weak". I enjoyed that but I thought "Honey Trap" was a cut above. What's not to like? Bad boy rock star and insecure aromatherapist, throw in some death threats and you have a hard to put down romance. A good light hearted read.

5.0 out of 5 stars clever, unpredictable and funny, 2 May 2010
This review is from: Honey Trap (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
Julie's spot-on characterisation made this a joy to read. Unusual unpredictable plot, with a twist I hadn't seen coming; at certain stages it was totally 'unputdownable' for sure, and I couldn't wait for my next work break to be able to get back to the world of Sophie Tennant the private investigator come-aromatherapist!

If you're looking for an absorbing holiday read with a fair amount of romance, but one that doesn't follow the same old well-trodden plot paths, get this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Honey Trap (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
looking forward to reading this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 17 Jun 2010
This review is from: Honey Trap (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
This is my first Julie Cohen book which I got on a whim - and I'm happy to say, the whim paid off. Read the book in one afternoon & have ordered all of Julie Cohen's other books. Wont give the plot away, but the lead male had even my knees weak!
Highly recommend, great romance, intrigue, though the twist I had kinda already guessed at. Still a rollicking good, easy, read though!!

Honey Trap (Little Black Dress)
Honey Trap (Little Black Dress) by Julie Cohen (Paperback - 10 July 2008)