4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable
This was the second louise bagshawe book I read the 1st being sparkles and I really enjoyed this it had me gripped from the 1st page
Published on 30 May 2007 by Claire Robson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, but Welsh research not convincing
Published on 28 Jun 2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, but Welsh research not convincing, 28 Jun 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Tall Poppies (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book, and by the end I couldn't put it down. The enjoyment was slightly marred for me by the inconsistencies regarding Wales and the Welsh language. Towards the end, Elizabeth travels back to Wales along the M4 - fine if you're going to South Wales - but her closest town was Bangor!! The snippets of Welsh were rather strange too - a Bangor boy with a South Wales accent - I don't think so! And she suddenly says 'iechyd da' in the middle of a sentence. I almost expected her to put on her national costume. So yes, a good read - but check out your Welsh facts next time please.

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 30 May 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars For those with ambition and strength....., 18 Feb 2006
Lucy (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tall Poppies (Paperback)
I am only 16 years old and have never really been introduced to an 'easy read'. I have read from authors such as Barbara Kingsolver and Jane Austin! But never really attempted such a sexy, fun, ambitious girly genre! I loved it! I could not put it down and feel in love with the audacity of both characters. My all time dream is to become a journalist, and perhaps even a novelist one day, and it is this hope of a successful and independant future that keeps me going. Now Bagshawe is my shrink, hahaha, and she deserves a lot of praise for an wonderful composition! I was shocked the comment that some sexual reference may offend adult readers. God, it is sex for crying out loud. Something everyone thinks about. I thought it was portrayed as desirable and real. Nina Roth and Elizabeth Savage are two girls every teen aspires to be. I found their hidden insecurities touching and something every girl can relate to. Well done! I plan to buy many more of Bagshawes books.

5.0 out of 5 stars tall poppies, 15 Jan 2003
Kate (Hertfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tall Poppies (Paperback)
This is the first of Louise Bagshawes books I read, and I'm now hooked I have all her books and I've pre-ordered the latest addition. I recommend tall poppies for anyone who needs a lift, a good well rounded, funny, gripping read. I loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars GRAPHICAL AND POWERFUL, 18 Sep 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Tall Poppies (Paperback)
I read this and I'm 13. My classmates were reading over my shoulder, so enthralled at Nina and Elizabeths sex lives that they couldn't wait until I'de finished to borrow it. Although it is a very graphical book, it is not so that you are cringing, it just takes you to the moment. A cleverly wovern storyline about pure revenge and determination you come out the other end of the book with a whole new range of sexually dicriptive insults!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic customer service!, 30 Oct 2014
This review is from: Tall Poppies (Kindle Edition)
I purchased this bicycle on Amazon and unfortunately it wasn't what I was looking for. I printed off the return labels and worried myself how I would return the large item. Fortunately, I spoke with the customer services and spoke with a lady, called Shauna-Kay, who could not have been more helpful and personally arranged for a collection on a day that suited me and talked me through exactly what I needed to do. Very satisfied customer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, fast-paced read, 19 Jun 2000
Miss Amanda Jones (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tall Poppies (Paperback)
I liked this book. It goes with a swing, and tells a dramatic and pacey tale of high business and treachery. Not a great literary work, but perfect for a holiday read.
The story is about Nina and Elizabeth, the mistress and daughter respectively of Tony Savage. In turn dominated by him, they reject him and set up their own company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the read, 8 July 2014
D. A. Edwards (uk) - See all my reviews
Good Read worth money

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
good read on holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Tall Poppies (Kindle Edition)
Really loved this book. Third one I have read of Louise Bagshawe. Love her storylines. Have just downloaded 2 more of her books. can't wait!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Tall Poppies
Tall Poppies by Louise Bagshawe (Paperback - 13 Dec 2007)