Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 April 2008
I am a big bookworm but had never read any of Louise Bagshawe's yet, but had heard that she was a brilliant writer. Unfortunately I think I may have chosen the wrong one to read first as I found it very slow and a bit to raunchy for my liking. However when I got nearer the end it seemed to get much better and I couldn't wait to find the outcome. Not a book I would tell friends to read but I think that maybe it wasnt so bad and should try and read another.
on 23 December 1998
Great romp! I read the original British version, "The Movie". Bagshawe has the requisite skill for this type of escapist fiction - sexy, witty (at times), tongue-in-cheek, femme fatale fantasies come to life. No aspirations for great literature although the writing is very good. Her first novel, Career Girls, is more thrilling. Reading her books makes you feel like a very clever, attractive, sophisticated babe who can conquer the world. You can't help but root for her heroines - brainy babes with laser-like focus. Also read her third novel, Tall Poppies, whose story lags a bit compared to the previous two. Saw her fourth novel on the shelves of my neighborhood library today: Venus Envy.
on 3 May 2006
I normally love Louise Bagshawe and this was readable, but it lacked what the others have in my opinion. I think she'd tried to make it raunchier but lost some of the depth in the process. I did get into the story eventually and raced to the end, but it took a lot longer to get me hooked and I found it disappointing overall.
on 5 April 2001
I really really liked this one. Megan Silver and Eleanor... my heroines! Two cool, non-manufactured women with dreams and determination (and getting the man at the end). Perfect beach reading, read this if you're a woman and need a morale boost... you'll believe you can have the job, the lifestyle and the man and eat your cake, too!
on 18 November 2001
I couldnt put this down!!!its one of a very few books that can interweave all the characters and can build up suspense (and a libido) better than any other book. Louise bagshawe brings bitchiness to boys! With this all girls can boo and cheer for them simaltaneously and sigh with a happy ending. What more can you want?
on 9 May 2008
There are so many things wrong with this novel. The syntax is appalling, the characters are so one dimensional they could be wooden puppets. Bagshawe seems to have an obsession with Madonna and Baccarat Crystal. I don't understand why authors like Bagshawe and Tasmina Perry are so obsessed with mentioning designers - most of whom I haven't heard of. Worst of all are sex scenes, I was on the bus reading this and had to stifle my laughs. Unfortunately, it is completely addictive and I couldn't put it down, partly because I had to see how bad it could get and secondly I wanted to find out what happened.

Read with a large pinch of salt!
on 20 July 2014
What a cracking novel, didn't want to finish it but couldn't wait to get to the end. If you like a good romance with a bit of a thriller ending buy now, you won't regret it.
on 23 November 2011
A little bit of light reading which makes one smile. It is well paced and typical of the style of Louise Bagshaw. Delivered on time and in good condition.
on 8 December 2012
Downloaded this whilst I was on holiday and finished it within a couple of days. It was a good, easy read with a good storyline. Great holiay reading
on 5 February 2016
My twelveth book from Louise Bagshawe. I am a big fan of her. Looking forward to my free time to indulge on the world of this gifted writer.