5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
This was the most thrilling book that i have read for a long time! The main characters are completely believable, and although you will realise that its completely overboard, that just adds to it. I couldn't put it down, and i cant wait for 'the tomb of hercules' to come out, to see what Eddie and Nina get up to next! Fabulous!!!!
Published on 28 April 2008 by Emmalouise Franklin

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought it ws going to be but not bad
As many other reviewers have written, this book is in the tradition of Clive Cusslers and Matthew Reilly in that there is a basic historical plot, characters racing to find something and bad guys with guns. I personally was hoping for a little more of the history and the search for atlantis and less of the guns, bombs and explosions but thats just me. The characters are...
Published on 5 Mar 2008 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 April 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 28 Jan 2008
Mr. Mark I. E. Armstrong "h0tspurs" (Reading, Berkshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
For all you Matthew Reilly fans out there. If you're in need of another book to read, this is the one for you!!!
I really enjoyed the story, pace and writing style. I'm a big fan of Matthew Reilly and based on the other reviews thought I'd give this book a try. Needless to say (based on the title of this review) I loved it. For me it ticked all the boxes for a great, fast-paced, adventure. I would urge you to give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Explosive debut from an exciting writer., 12 Mar 2008
If you enjoy a huge blockbuster film then meet a literary equivalent in The Hunt for Atlantis by Andy McDermott.
Great set pieces, likeable / dislikeable characters, witty one-liners and an interesting plot make this such a fun book.
It's very similar to Matthew Reilly books, which I also love, and I found myself putting the book down to take a breather only to pick it up straight away because I was missing it.
The main male hero, Eddie Chase, isn't a standard action hero. Instead of being 6ft something with chiseled good looks and thick black hair he's short, gap-toothed and balding. However, he's instantly likeable with a great sense of humour and makes a fine choice of hero.
Basically, this book reads like you're watching Die Hard, any Bond film, Indiana Jones, Bourne and a hint of Carry On!
Don't expect any Shakespearian type prose or deep and meaningful subtext (that isn't meant to be derogatory, Andy!) This book is pure popcorn entertainment. Lose yourself in a highly entertaining piece of fiction. I'm delighted to hear that Andy has at least 3 more books planned. He has a very bright future in the action / adventure genre.
Cheers, Andy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new author, 13 Feb 2008
I hadn't heard of Andy Mcdermott before but I'm glad I checked him out. I loved the very fast paced but well written plot and the characters especially Eddie,it made a change to have a hero from England with such a great sense of humour. Can't wait for Tomb of Hercules. I normally read James Rollins, Matthew Reilly and Jeremy Robinson will now be happily adding Andy Mcdermott to my list.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a ride!, 1 Feb 2008
For action, adventure, and mystery all wrapped in an ancient mystery it is hard to beat The Hunt for Atlantis! If you are looking for serious history, don't look here you'll be disappointed, but for pure comic book fun this is hard to beat. The pace is fast and furious, and there is a tongue in cheek style that lets the reader know they should not take anything too serious. If your are a fan of Clive Cussler, Matt Reilly, Or James Rollins then you'll love the hunt for Atlantis!

5.0 out of 5 stars A scorcher!!, 17 Nov 2007
Simone (Bath, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I picked this up in the airport on the way out on a business trip, thinking I'd save it for the boring weekend. But I read it in one go on the seven hour flight and really enjoyed it. Maybe i was Eddie in a former life, he just seemed so real. Great story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic first book, 22 Jan 2008
G. Curtis (England) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this.

It was exciting, well paced and a really great read.

I can't wait for his next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Paced and Exciting, 7 Jan 2008
J. Chippindale (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is another new author to me and that is because this is his first novel. You would think that a storyline which involved searching for the lost city of Atlantis would have been done to death by now, but this is a very good first novel for the author. The author is very adept at generating excitement and the book is fast paced. Like some of the previous reviewers I found it very difficult to put down.

A young female archaeologist believes that she has found the location of the lost city of Atlantis. She obviously would like to be able to prove this fact. The problem she has is that someone wants her dead. The main character Nina Wilde, the said archaeologist is a believable and likeable person and the reader can relate to her character and her race against time to find lost secret . . .

The book was very enjoyable and I was sorry when it ended. I believe the author has another book in the pipeline called The Tomb of Hercules and I shall certainly be looking out for it when it is published.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy fun!, 23 Nov 2007
N. Hart (UK) - See all my reviews
Man I just loved this book, honestly got me going. Bring on the next in the series! Love to see this one (& the lady!) on screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hunt For Atlantis, 15 Nov 2012
I am always on the look-out for great thrillers which have superb characters that have fantastic adventures. Having read this and the next six in the series, they have scored 10/10. I have to say though, some of the jumps and stunts would normally in reality, would be fatal. Hold on there, it's a book you are reading, NOT REALITY. Pure escapism and very entertaining. Other reviewers may prefer to take a book apart and nit-pick but personally that is not for me. If I don't really like a novel I won't beat about the bush. It will show in the rating I give and my review. Andy, You are one of the best.

The Hunt For Atlantis (Wilde/Chase 1)
The Hunt For Atlantis (Wilde/Chase 1) by Andy McDermott (Paperback - 12 Jun 2008)
8.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available