5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
This was the most thrilling book that i have read for a long time! The main characters are completely believable, and although you will realise that its completely overboard, that just adds to it. I couldn't put it down, and i cant wait for 'the tomb of hercules' to come out, to see what Eddie and Nina get up to next! Fabulous!!!!
Published on 28 April 2008 by Emmalouise Franklin

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought it ws going to be but not bad
Published on 5 Mar. 2008 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 April 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 28 Jan. 2008
Mr. Mark I. E. Armstrong "h0tspurs" (Reading, Berkshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
For all you Matthew Reilly fans out there. If you're in need of another book to read, this is the one for you!!!
I really enjoyed the story, pace and writing style. I'm a big fan of Matthew Reilly and based on the other reviews thought I'd give this book a try. Needless to say (based on the title of this review) I loved it. For me it ticked all the boxes for a great, fast-paced, adventure. I would urge you to give it a try.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought it ws going to be but not bad, 5 Mar. 2008
As many other reviewers have written, this book is in the tradition of Clive Cusslers and Matthew Reilly in that there is a basic historical plot, characters racing to find something and bad guys with guns. I personally was hoping for a little more of the history and the search for atlantis and less of the guns, bombs and explosions but thats just me. The characters are mostly well thought out and the dialogue and humour is very enjoyable.
The reason I only rated the book as three stars was poor ending. Without revealing too much I will just say that the big bad at the end and their reasons for previous actions in the book did not come across as being believable. I don't know if this was the way the character was written in the rest of the book or how it was revealed but I just didn't like the ending.
The rest of the book is a good adventure romp if that is what you are up for. It sounds as if there are more books on the way from this guy and possibly with some of the same characters and I would certianly read them but I would know what to expect this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Explosive debut from an exciting writer., 12 Mar. 2008
If you enjoy a huge blockbuster film then meet a literary equivalent in The Hunt for Atlantis by Andy McDermott.
Great set pieces, likeable / dislikeable characters, witty one-liners and an interesting plot make this such a fun book.
It's very similar to Matthew Reilly books, which I also love, and I found myself putting the book down to take a breather only to pick it up straight away because I was missing it.
The main male hero, Eddie Chase, isn't a standard action hero. Instead of being 6ft something with chiseled good looks and thick black hair he's short, gap-toothed and balding. However, he's instantly likeable with a great sense of humour and makes a fine choice of hero.
Basically, this book reads like you're watching Die Hard, any Bond film, Indiana Jones, Bourne and a hint of Carry On!
Don't expect any Shakespearian type prose or deep and meaningful subtext (that isn't meant to be derogatory, Andy!) This book is pure popcorn entertainment. Lose yourself in a highly entertaining piece of fiction. I'm delighted to hear that Andy has at least 3 more books planned. He has a very bright future in the action / adventure genre.
Cheers, Andy!

4.0 out of 5 stars What a ride!, 1 Feb. 2008
For action, adventure, and mystery all wrapped in an ancient mystery it is hard to beat The Hunt for Atlantis! If you are looking for serious history, don't look here you'll be disappointed, but for pure comic book fun this is hard to beat. The pace is fast and furious, and there is a tongue in cheek style that lets the reader know they should not take anything too serious. If your are a fan of Clive Cussler, Matt Reilly, Or James Rollins then you'll love the hunt for Atlantis!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Paced and Exciting, 7 Jan. 2008
J. Chippindale (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is another new author to me and that is because this is his first novel. You would think that a storyline which involved searching for the lost city of Atlantis would have been done to death by now, but this is a very good first novel for the author. The author is very adept at generating excitement and the book is fast paced. Like some of the previous reviewers I found it very difficult to put down.

A young female archaeologist believes that she has found the location of the lost city of Atlantis. She obviously would like to be able to prove this fact. The problem she has is that someone wants her dead. The main character Nina Wilde, the said archaeologist is a believable and likeable person and the reader can relate to her character and her race against time to find lost secret . . .

The book was very enjoyable and I was sorry when it ended. I believe the author has another book in the pipeline called The Tomb of Hercules and I shall certainly be looking out for it when it is published.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new author, 13 Feb. 2008
I hadn't heard of Andy Mcdermott before but I'm glad I checked him out. I loved the very fast paced but well written plot and the characters especially Eddie,it made a change to have a hero from England with such a great sense of humour. Can't wait for Tomb of Hercules. I normally read James Rollins, Matthew Reilly and Jeremy Robinson will now be happily adding Andy Mcdermott to my list.

4.0 out of 5 stars the ups and downs in the Atlantis, 19 Jan. 2009
This review is from: The Hunt For Atlantis (Wilde/Chase 1) (Paperback)
Many of this sort are written - in this case AM came up with this book vs some of similar writing style of Matthew Reilly. I want to rate this a 4 Stars, pretty fast pace and is all about saving lifes till the end.

The book start with character Nina and Eddie Chase making wave to find whereabout of Atlantis. Thus teaming with Kari Frost to fight against the Brotherhood whom want Atlantis not to be found. Later half of the book you will find there is a hidden agenda to the reason why the Frost foundation wanted so badly to find Atlantis.

Next book should not be far away from this where Tomb of Hercules will review more of Eddie Chase and Nina again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A scorcher!!, 17 Nov. 2007
Simone (Bath, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I picked this up in the airport on the way out on a business trip, thinking I'd save it for the boring weekend. But I read it in one go on the seven hour flight and really enjoyed it. Maybe i was Eddie in a former life, he just seemed so real. Great story!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hunt For Atlantis, 15 Nov. 2012
I am always on the look-out for great thrillers which have superb characters that have fantastic adventures. Having read this and the next six in the series, they have scored 10/10. I have to say though, some of the jumps and stunts would normally in reality, would be fatal. Hold on there, it's a book you are reading, NOT REALITY. Pure escapism and very entertaining. Other reviewers may prefer to take a book apart and nit-pick but personally that is not for me. If I don't really like a novel I won't beat about the bush. It will show in the rating I give and my review. Andy, You are one of the best.

The Hunt For Atlantis (Wilde/Chase 1)
The Hunt For Atlantis (Wilde/Chase 1) by Andy McDermott (Paperback - 12 Jun. 2008)