4.0 out of 5 stars What a Book!!
Published on 28 Jan 2006 by mary o l

3.0 out of 5 stars Formatting errors ruined enjoyment
Having read and enjoyed this is paperback, I purchased it for the Kindle only to be disappointed by formatting and editing errors throughout - the most annoying of which was the inexplicable replacement of the word 'think' with the word 'dunk' twice in two paragraphs.

A decent enough story ruined by sloppy e-publishing.
Published on 15 April 2012 by Anna

4.0 out of 5 stars What a Book!!, 28 Jan 2006
mary o l (Wexford, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I love Rachel Gibson, she lets you into the lives of people and you feel as if your one of them, or even a very close friend. The characters in this book feel so real. John is a Hockey Jock, Georgie is a Texan who is trying to do the best so can and last is their daughter Lexie who talks with no stopping. Georgie has one hot night of passion with John, Lexie is the result but Georgie think it best to keep her secret. But like all secrets they always come back to bit you in the butt. After coping for 7 years been a partner in a successful business John suddenly appears out of nowhere. Then the fireworks start. As usual Rachel has plenty of steamy sceens. One to read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 May 2007
Sian Louise (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Simply Irresistible (Paperback)
Again another brilliant Rachel Gibson book - I wish I had known this was her very first book because I would have waited before reading the other hockey one See Jane Score. But you don't have to read them in order because they are totally different characters and equally as good storylines.

If you enjoy Rachel Gibson's books then definately read this - the love story was perfect for the storyline and the characters were very likeable, definately give this a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent read!, 5 Jun 2007
This review is from: Simply Irresistible (Paperback)
I really enjoy Rachels books as the storys are easy to read and the characters are always likeable. This has to be one of my favourites to date along with see jane score and daisys back in town. The story is a really lovely one and has the feel good factor in bucket loads. I cannot wait for the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully charming, 31 Jan 1998
By A Customer
"Simply Irresistable" by Rachel Gibson, is, quite simply, irresistable. Reminiscent of Susan Elizabeth Phillips' "It Had To Be You", this book is filled with warmth, humor, and marvelous characters. Southern-belle extraordinaire Georgeanne Howard has just left her extremely wealthy and much, much older fiance' at the altar. Skilled at charm and flirtation, but not much else, Georgeanne hitches a ride with John "The Wall" Kowalsky, an up-and-coming hockey player. John recognizes a high-maintenance woman when he sees one. He is definitely not interested, especially when he learns the beauty in the shrink-wrapped wedding dress is his team's owner's runaway bride. John, however, cannot resist Georgeanne's charms for long, and they share one unbelieveable night. But come morning, John puts Georgeanne on a plane back home. His career is just taking off and he is not ready to settle down, especially with a helpless, useless bimbo. Georgeanne, on the other hand, has other ideas. She has no desire to return home, but has no resources to stay. Searching the want ads, Georgeanne applies for a chef's position at a faltering catering firm. Seven years later, John spots Georgeanne at an extravagant benefit dinner. John is now a high-profile hockey star and Georgeanne is co-owner of a successful catering business. John also learns he and Georgeanne have a daughter, a result of their one night together. Determined to be a part of his daughter's life, John tries to convince Georgeanne to accept him back into hers.
The ensuing courtship is hilarious and touching. John and Georgeanne's daughter is the most realistic and charming child character I have ever encountered. The secondary characters in this book are wonderful. This is a laugh-out-loud story, a story to be shared with friends. I can hardly wait for Rachel Gibson's next book.
Nina M.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly delightful charmer, 30 Nov 1997
By A Customer
Sixtyish Virgil Duffy, one of Seattle's richest shipping moguls, is marrying twenty-two year old Georgeanne Howard, trained to be the ultimate southern belle. Attending the nuptials is a mixed crowd with some from high society and others from Virgil's National Hockey League team, the Chinooks. One of the Chinooks reluctantly in attendance is lover boy John Kowasky, who decides to leave before the ceremony. Hopping into his car is Georgeanne, who has jilted the multimillionaire. Once John realizes who he is giving a ride to, he tries to get rid of her, but not before a night of passion occurs.
Seven years later, Georgeanne is raising a child (from that one night of glorious love making) and managing a successful catering business. John and Georgeanne meet at a charity event and both are attracted to each other. John is also amazed to learn that he is a father. He wants to be a part of both Georgeanne and their child's lives, but he must first convince her that she can trust him to stay for the duration this time.
After reading this novel, readers will be stunned to learn that this book is Rachel Gibson's debut tale because it is so well written. The often told story line is surprisingly refreshing, jocular, and torrid as the charming lead protagonists struggle to find love. Fans will find the novel to be SIMPLY IRRESISTABLE and will want more romantic stories from Ms. Gibson.
Harriet Klausner

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great romance!, 7 Aug 1999
By A Customer
Wow! I loved "Simple Irresistible" and "Truly Madly Yours" by Rachel Gibson. Both are a great romantic escape. Wish there were more of her books to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best romances around, 3 Sep 1998
By A Customer
This book was great. Ms Gibson has a wonderful way with characters, she could have done a whole book on each of the secondary characters (I loved the Russian hockey player). Many romance authors seem to pick a subject that they know nothing about and start writing. Not Ms Gibson, she obviously knows hockey. I can't wait for her next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hockey Players, romance, and some great sex!!!!, 5 Jan 1999
By A Customer
If you like any or all of the above three you will love this book!!! One of my fav writers recommended it, and I couldn't stop laughing, smiling, or just feeling for the characters from page one!!! This is a simple read, one which I finished in one afternoon. It is great!!! My only question is...where is my sexy hockey player!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and unable to put down, 18 Mar 2013
Read this book in a day, unable to put down, had me laughing out load. Simply put it was brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!!, 8 Nov 2012
I'm a big fan of Rachel Gibson's books. This particular book is the first in the Chinooks hockey team series so obviously I haven't read them in order (highly unusual for me), I don't think this matters though because they work so well as stand-alone books.

When I first read the blurb I thought it sounded similar to another of her books that I have read, it turned out that I was right because there definitely were quite a few similarities, however this didn't affect my enjoyment of this book in any way.

Georgeanne was an interesting character - I felt sad when reading about her school troubles and I loved her southern charm. I loved how much she talked and I could almost picture her babbling on in front of this masculine hockey player who really wasn't much of a listener. The connection between her and John was electric, they were complete opposites and I think that is what made them so interesting together.

My first impression of John was that he was arrogant and rude but there were hints at some kind of traumatic past which, when revealed, made me look at his behaviour in a new light. The sexual scenes between John and Georgeanne were quite full on but I felt that it was appropriate and didn't detract from the story.

Lexie was a brilliant character and reminded me so much of my own daughter, she was extremely cute and I loved how she wrapped her father around her little finger. The pet shop incident was one of my favourite Lexie moments, it really got me giggling.

It may have been quite obvious where the storyline was heading but I enjoyed the journey nonetheless, there were times of sadness, laughter and sometimes anger, there were even a few `awwwww' moments particularly towards the end - I wasn't expecting such a romantic finish!

This was a fantastic read, another hit from Rachel Gibson.

Simply Irresistible
Simply Irresistible by Rachel Gibson (Paperback - 3 May 2007)
6.59