5.0 out of 5 stars Far-fetched, action packed, sexy and glamorous!!!
The first thing I must say is that the plot is utterly and outrageously far fetched! But it just made the book ever so much more thrilling....

Published on 12 Oct. 2010 by Sammy

3.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed
with this book.
Louise Bagshawe has been a favourite author of mine for the last 6 years and I have to say I was extremely disappointed with this book.
It started off really good and was loving it until about 300 or so pages in.

Published on 20 Nov. 2010 by Sian Louise

3.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, 20 Nov. 2010
Sian Louise (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
with this book.
It started off really good and was loving it until about 300 or so pages in.

For me, there was a lack of passion in this book. I actually love to have a decent love/sex scene in a book but we didnt get this in this one. When Louise B normally does these scenes quite tastefully.
I also thought the ending was rushed. It all wrapped up very quickly and nothing really got resolved.

I won't give up with this author, I can only hope her latest book "Desire" lives up to her usual standards.

2.0 out of 5 stars didn't hold my interest., 19 Aug. 2011
E. L. Joseph (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Passion (Paperback)
This is the first Louise Bagshawe that i have read and to be honest it will be the last. When this book started out i quite liked it and had it continued on the same level i probably would have given it an average score of 3 stars. However, by the end i was quite eager just to get it finished - it just didn't hold my interest.

The plot was fine but once the chase started i couldn't help getting bored. Constant changing locations and appearances. The odd assassination attempt. You would think that this would be terribly exciting but no. It was actually rather dull. As a character Melissa just irritated the hell out of me - I hate this whole desperate for a man thing that keeps appearing in this genre. The woman is an academic in oxford and just moans about a life full of regrets! Get an effing grip woman. I prefer strong female characters not one that feels like life was a waste cos of losing one bloke. And she was so pathetic about her parents too. Will's new fiancée Olivia was not much better and i must agree with the assassin Lola Montoya's opinion of her. I get completely bored reading books with women marrying for money and glamour. They are all the same in my opinion - worthless. Will was Ok i suppose. Nothing special.
The ending of this story was quite a let down - very rushed and a bit weak but like i said by this point i was past caring.

Another major flaw in this book was the astonishing amount of inconsistencies! You can deal with a few (especially across a long series of books) but this was just mental. Many reviewers have commented that the book was so fast-paced you didn't notice or mind them so much. I beg to differ; the story was fast-paced i won't deny that but i would be reading (really fast) and then something didn't make sense and hang on a sec... thats not right. For the first few i re-read bits to make sure i wasn't just being stupid then i got used to them i suppose and tried to ignore them. Not Good.

It was a pretty average read overall. The bad guys were not all that scary and 1 actually seemed like a right wimp near the end! I wouldn't recommend this really and i think i will stick to my usual genre in future; i have read a few "chick lit" books lately and most of them were pretty naff.

1.0 out of 5 stars repetitive and boring, 6 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Passion (Hardcover)
Story is a an assorted version of all LB books, usual charecters, usual chase all over the world, hot guy, demure girl blah blah.
The worst thing is she keeps repeating certain words! IF read the world sluice one more time Ill scream! And the 'love-making' scenes were soo cringe worthy, i had to skips pages to avoid reading them!
The only book i really enjoyed by LB is Career Girls!

1.0 out of 5 stars Clearly a rushed job to bring in money, sloppy, ludicrous, and the editor should be sacked., 16 Dec. 2012
Ms. A. G. Davies (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Passion (Paperback)
Lawks this was awful. Beginning Okayish, as someone else said. To me this seems to have been rushed through both by the writer and the editor - perhaps this book was required by contract, and the deadline was imminent - so just write anything, Louise, anything, and we'll luzz it out in a couple of days.
I doubt she even read it through even once herself. And the editor!!! Whom she actually thanks!!!
How could not someone, anyone, along the line have picked up the repetitions - 2 rail-thins, 4 mentions of hotel and apartment décor being "minimalist" (LB must think saying this makes her seem sophisticated), and Oh God the endless teeth-cleaning and showering! OK 2 hygiene-obsessed protagonists, particularly the drippy woman, but guess what, when they have finally had sex neither of them washes or cleans their teeth - you'd think they would have scrubbed their genitals completely raw! There's a near-inexplicable fact revealed about half-way through, where there is passing reference to our "heroine" being bi-lingual (English/Italian). But early on her three A-Levels don't include Italian, why on earth not? Near the end of the book there is again a passing mention of a ?church in Italy where her father met her mother, so presumably this means the mother was Italian? Why was it not mentioned at all? Another reviewer has pointed out the errors in the description of Rotterdam. Then, the "hero", as a student, is referred to as something like a penniless orphan living or surviving off benefits - but actually he has two part-time jobs and I think a scholarship, no benefits. In two hotels the "heroine" makes use of the "free Floris" and "free l'Occitane" products - the use of "free" is low-level greedy-sounding, after all the products are just there, we all know that, and if she must stress to her poor readers the supposed vicarious "luxury" of this provision, why doesn't she up her vocabulary and say "complimentary"? Certainly sounds more elegant, less greedy. Surprised the "heroine" doesn't go ahead and nick the bathrobes and the toiletries. Wonder if LB does.
Despicable cynical patronising writing, but I guess it paid for some more face-lifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Far-fetched, action packed, sexy and glamorous!!!, 12 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Passion (Paperback)

Melissa Elmett and Will Hyde as young lovers: Melissa from a middle class, educated family and Will was brought up in Banardos Orphanage. They are torn apart by her family when Will is deemed as an unsuitable match for Melissa.

Will joins the Army, from there gets recruited as an MI6 Agent, and invests his money in New York investment banks and is a famous multi-Billionaire by his early thirties. Melissa on the other hand is an Oxford University tutor, struggling to make ends meet and engaged to another academic geek that is Fraser Macintosh.

Fraser Macintosh is murdered in front of his fiancee Melissa on the streets of Oxford. It makes the New York news as Will Hyde happens to be watching...he sees Melissa Elmett - the girl who broke his heart....In an instant he able to connect together through his previous MI6 connections that it is in fact Melissa that is in danger!

He leaves his beautiful fiancée Olivia Wharton and his bank and goes on a mission to find and save Melissa Elmett...
Very far-fetched, very bond style, glamorous, sexy, and very much a fairy tale ending but I loved every second of it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lazy, 22 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Passion (Paperback)
Louise Bagshawe books used to be fun, sassy and entertaining. Yes, they have always been slightly far fetched but now to the point where they are ludicrous. I think she has tried to make the cross over into thriller with dismal results. Shame, as I used to love her books but will not be purchasing any future releases.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but silly, 15 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Passion (Paperback)
I have read all of Louise Bagshawe's books and whilst I would say this was far from her best, it was a hugely enjoyable read. I did find that compared to her previous works this one lacked depth and I could not agree with the reviewer who described it as complicated - I found it to be a straightforward action-packed chase but in a romantic context. I felt the characters slightly lacked depth and were a bit cliched. The plot is also completely preposterous. But having said that it's great fun and I could not put it down. I'm sure anyone who has enjoyed her previous novels will enjoy this one, but do not expect it to be the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great thriller though more proofreading needed, 16 Jun. 2009
Mrs. Carrie Smith (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Passion (Paperback)
I have always been an admirer of Louise Bagshawe. She manages to get you to turn the page and engages you with great stories of luxury, romance and thrills. This is the best book of hers for a while, the last 3 were slightly disappointing. I understand her trend for 1 word titles but Passion doesn't really sum up this book - it was more of a thriller although there was some romance in there.

However, her publishers let her down by not proofreading the book and correcting inconsistencies. She arrives at Paddington Station and then announces "I can get the underground to Paddington". She's already there!

Will swipes his Oyster card twice to let them both through at Euston Square. Oyster doesn't work like that, you can only get one person through at a time on them. There were other things such as eye colours changing and ages changing and some bad geography of London.

If you can get past the fact that there are some errors in this book, it is actually a very good read and Louise ought to make sure her next book is proofread by someone who lives in the city it is set in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, fast and feisty, 17 Sept. 2009
Patricky (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Passion (Paperback)
A fantastically fun, feisty read. Ignore the negative reviews and pack this in your holiday suitcase. This is pure escapism from the real world with a sexy hero and heroine, action-packed plot and dastardly villians.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOW A LOUISE BAGSHAWE ADDICT!, 3 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Passion (Kindle Edition)
This is the first Louise Bagshawe book I read. A friend in work lent it to me and I said "oh, I don't like irly books" she said you will love this, and love all her other books.... So I read it, and now I am addicted to her books! They're not too girly, they're a bit raunchy, don't seem too fake... Really recommend these books to everyone!

Passion
Passion by Louise Bagshawe (Paperback - 20 Aug. 2009)