4.0 out of 5 stars A good holiday read.
This is the first Julie Cohen book that I have read and I really enjoyed it. Her writing style is great and she did manage to keep me turning the pages, even though the story was very predictable. I always found myself a few chapters ahead in my mind, but not on the page!

Published on 6 Mar. 2008 by Coco

3.0 out of 5 stars ... as said before.. it's alright...
As another reviewer said, it's alright...It didn't make me want to throw it at the wall, but I mostly read it 'cause there wasn't much else to read.
Published on 29 May 2012 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars A good holiday read., 6 Mar. 2008
Coco (Chichester, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Night Stand (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)

I would recommend this book as a good holiday read, it's a feel good, easy chick lit read, which has not got too many characters or complicated twists. Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars MODERN BRITISH ROMANTIC COMEDY, 23 Jan. 2008
This review is from: One Night Stand (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
Although Julie Cohen openly admits to being a US citizen, she has managed to perfectly capture carefully observed British passions, including - Pubs and the folk who make them their second home, Politians and their sexual antics, Eccentric multi-generational women and their pasts, the horrors of chain store shopping, the male obsession with football, and best of all, the hidden compassion, love and committment from our 'grumpy old man-boys'.
Overall, 'One Night Stand' is the kind of contemporary romance you cannot put down - a great page-turner with some real characters and emotional warmth.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read!!!, 3 Sept. 2012
This review is from: One Night Stand (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
do not listen to the negative reviews!!! please give this book a try. I could not put it down and read it in about 4 hours or so between looking after the kids hahaha :)

4.0 out of 5 stars One Night Stand - i wanted it to last a little longer, 9 Jan. 2008
This review is from: One Night Stand (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
One Night Stand had me smiling to myself at the witty humour and at the stupidity (at points) and wit of the main character, Eleanor. This book tends to follow the falling for the friend cliché but I found this book entertaining and heart warming.

I enjoyed this book as I have most Little Black Dress publications. The thing that left me a little miffed was the character Hugh; I felt he was a little underwritten. I wanted to know a little more about him, more attention was written about Eleanor's relative, June.

Eleanor Connor writes erotica for a living as well as working in her local pub. Hugh is an endearing character, and a great pastry chef. Geek turned confident man with plenty of luck with the ladies meets frustrated under achiever Eleanor Connor. These friends have never been closer; they live next door to each other, sharing a bedroom wall and all the sound effects of a night of passion.

Eleanor gets drunk after some news and out of annoyance she has a one night stand. She wakes up the next morning with the worst hangover and next to no memory. Realisation creeps in, and the condom hunt begins. The story tells her life, hormones, lusting and the attempts to find the father-to-be that nobody seems to remember.

I did not realise this was by the same author as another LBD publication "Spirit willing, flesh weak". I have to say I much prefer `One night Stand' its a great improvement! I have already passed the book onto my sister to read. If your considering reading this, go for it! I read it in a matter of hours, like a one night stnad i just wish it had lasted longer.

3.0 out of 5 stars ... as said before.. it's alright..., 29 May 2012
Amazon Customer (The Hague, Netherlands) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the reviews say!, 16 April 2012
This review is from: One Night Stand (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
Don't believe in the 4 stars this book is getting, it is definitely worth 5 - it is not like the others, even though it is - try it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 11 Sept. 2013
This is the 2nd time I've read this book and I've loved every minute of it. It's a true love story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 24 Nov. 2008
This review is from: One Night Stand (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
Not the best book ever, but there are elements to it that are quite good.

3.0 out of 5 stars predictable, 17 May 2008
Lindymck (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Night Stand (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
boy and girl are friends but neither knows that they are in love with each other. then girl has one night stand and ends up pregnant which then forces them to act on their desire for each other. very predictable but with a lot of laughs, good read for the beach/pool, had me laughing out loud and lots of funny looks from other pool loungers when i did this!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One Night Stand - Julie Cohen, 8 Aug. 2011
This review is from: One Night Stand (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book from the beginning til the end... loved the story line and the characters within the book. I felt as though I could actually lose myself within Julie Cohen's world in One Night Stand... You love romantic stories? This one is definitely for you! :DD

One Night Stand (Little Black Dress)
One Night Stand (Little Black Dress) by Julie Cohen (Paperback - 10 Jan. 2008)