Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 9 November 2008
I started this book, and ended up reading it so fast I finished within a day.
The main character 'Rosie' is a fake medium, who has a stage show. She is so real, and funny, and sincere, and loveable, and even though she makes a living from lying, she seems to do it for all the right reasons.
The story flows really well, the prose is easy to read, and at times the book is totally un-put-down-able and you just have to keep reading to find out what happens.
It's just such a lovely book to read, and will cheer you up when its miserable outside.
Loved it!
VINE VOICEon 14 May 2007
This was an excellent read and very funny. Again I found myself sitting on the train in the morning with a stupid grin on my face trying not to laugh out loud at some of the things.

The character of Rosie was very likeable and a character most of us could relate to.

Harry was a character you wanted to like and dislike all at the same time, was very well written and if you are a fan of the "Little Black Dress" books this should be added to your collection.
on 10 September 2006
This is a romance with a BIG difference. A fab plot for a start. Plus a fresh and very irreverent style that had me laughing out loud. This book is not afraid to tackle difficult issues: like chip shops with cheesy names, the nightlife of Milton Keynes and why our trains are called Virgins when the're blatantly phallic symbols.

In short it's a wildly romantic, hilarious tale about the 'other world' that's so firmly rooted in the real world, it had me cheering out loud.

Good on you Julie Cohen for writing a book that doesn't conform to anyone's 'rules' abour romance and is also terrific page-turning fun.
on 9 November 2006
This is a great read. Snappy and sweet and it keeps the pace moving. The premise is new and edgy and the romance is believable and heart warming.

I found it hard to always agree with the heroine's views. Her career as a psychic was one of the best and worst things about the story. The scenes where she is doing the readings are fascinating, but also, the fact she was lying to her audience made me dislike her a little.

She won me round in the end though.
on 24 December 2006
I'm not really a fan of blatant romance books but I saw this whilst looking for another title and the cute cover caught my eye. It looked like a quick, fun read, and I was right - to be honest, it was better thatn I had expected!

It's witty, fun, and just a little bit quirky. I hope to read more from this author in future - SO glad I found this title!
on 4 December 2008
average read. didnt really spark my interest, although was an interesting enough plot idea. wsnt any real chemistry between the 2 main characters. although i do have to mention as a scottish person i was amazed to see that irn-bru was mentioned in the story. and yes it does look like radioactive tangerine but its the most amazing srink ever!!!!
on 28 December 2006
I really liked this book. It's funny, snappily written and a real page turner - I ended up staying all night to read it. The heroine was quirky and interesting and the fortune telling theme was original. A gem from Little Black Dress. More of the same please...
on 5 April 2013
Fantastic Read, Great story line, very well written, had the right amount of comedy, serious etc. Would recommened to others.