4.0 out of 5 stars She's On Her Way Back!!!
I love Rahcel Gibson! I've bought everyone of her books and I've faithfully read them all as well. Her last book "Daisy" was sad and a HUGE letdown. "Trouble" though is a HUGE step back in the right direction. Not only do we get to re-visit Gospel but the characters both primary and secondary add color and life to a storyline that is far from new and fresh.
Rob...
Published on 31 Mar 2005 by Kristi Ahlers

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing Pages
I was very upset after waiting for the book for weeks, the last pages seem to be missing, i enjoy Rachel's books, but found this upsetting and annoying, now i will never know what happens!!!
Published 3 months ago by Miss Victoria West

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars She's On Her Way Back!!!, 31 Mar 2005
Kristi Ahlers (Illinois) - See all my reviews
Rob Sutter was a DOG in the past. He was into women way too much. To the point of being a cheat but than he picks the wrong lady and all holy hannah breaks loose when she turns pyscho, stalker and shoots him not once but three times, effectivly ending his hockey career. Knowing that life as he knew it was over Rob heads to his mom to recover and put his life back together. He is successful in doing this in Gospel Idaho. He is on a ski vacation when he runs into Kate.
Now Kate has her own issues. She used to be a P.I. but her last case was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. She needs to take a break and decides to leave Las Vegas and head to Gospel, Idaho to visit with her grandfather. Maybe, just maybe she will get some clarity. Of course first she has to get there and a stop at a hotel along the way leads to one embaressed incident that just so happens to take place on Valentine's Day and with Rob Sutter of all people. Thinking that she will never set eyes on the jerk again she makes her way to Gosepl and is trying to fit in when one day her grandfather calls her out of the backroom of the grocery store he owns to introduce her to...yup her worst nightmare. Yummy Rob Sutter. Now what's a girl to do? Well, Gospel is small and they are bound to run into each other a lot. So they really have no choice except to let nature take it's course....
Rob and Kate were alternatly obnoxious and fun protagonists. Rob is a jerk. There is no two ways about this. What makes him a "hero" is the fact that he learns from his mistakes and if anything is too careful. Kate on the other hand is strong but at the same time lacks self confidence. They both bring out the good in the other and this is why their romance is believable and entertaining. The secondary storyline of Grace and Stanley is just that...a second story that's just an "extra" treat for readers. The towns people are not as prevelent as they were in the past, but they are still fun and add just the right amount of fun without being over the top. Although this is not one of my favorites by this author, she has redeemed herself with me. I highly recommend this author and this story is worth picking up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Thrill by Gibson, 8 Mar 2007
This review is from: The Trouble with Valentine's Day (Little Black Dress) (Paperback)
This is another great read by Rachel Gibson!

If you have read See Jane Score then you may remember Rob Sutter a hockey player this story is about him and what happens after he is forced to give up playing hockey. Rob is shot by a crazed fan after a one night stand which has made him wary of meeting new people so he moves to Gospel to open up a store. Rob is everything you want from a Rachel Gibson book and the steamy parts are exactly that. The only thing is Kate is not as interesting as she could be and although I read this book in one day while I was ill and really enjoyed it I did feel as though Rachel had rushed through it abit and made what could have been one of her bests just a good read not a great read.

If this is the first Rachel Gibson book please read others by her like Daisys back in town or see jane score as this is Rachel at her best.

This however is still a good read so enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexual Pretzel, 24 July 2008
Wow! This is my first Rachel Gibson book and I am now hastily ordering everything this woman has ever written....(i would go so far to say i'd even buy her shopping lists too if they are as fabulous as this novel...!)

Loved the small-town American setting, its exactly how I imagine it to be. Kate is a character you can easily identify with and Rob is rough around the edges but you get to glimpse a heart of gold every now and again which allows you to keep rooting for the couple and a happy ending. It is hot and steamy as well as romantic and sincere.

Just a teeeeeeeny criticism though (its so insignificant that it probably wouldn't wind anyone else up but me....) the word HUMMER is always written in CAPITALS which is UNNECESSARY and tremendously ANNOYING. I understand this is probably a TRADENAME thing, but it really GOT ON MY NERVES as I hate being SHOUTED AT in CAPITAL LETTERS.....just a small thing, but it irritated the hell out of me!!

Bring on the Gibson Back-Catalogue now!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good old (steamy) Romance., 27 Aug 2007
L. Farley (Staffs, UK) - See all my reviews
This book has seriously put my Ice Queen status in danger!!
I found it a great fun and easy to read. The fact that it ended just how I wanted it to left me feeling thouroghly fufilled. Although some could say it was slighty rushed I was glad it was'nt dragged out along with my suspence.
The only problem now is i cant get my hands on another Rachel Gibson quick enough to see what it brings, although I think Ill be avoiding "Watch Jane Score" due to Rob Sutter appearing in this book previous to this one(I fear it would be like hearing about your boyfriends ex-girlfriends!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites, 7 April 2008
I'm a big Rachel Gibson fan and this is one of my favourites (the only one of her books I haven't enjoyed was 'I'm In No Mood for Love' because it seemed too trite and cliched). 'The Trouble with Valentine's Day' is typical of its candy floss genre: contemporary, small town USA romance between two strong characters who seem set to annoy the hell out of each other. However, it's the way Rachel Gibson writes that makes her novels stand out. I've read other 'chick lit' in the Little Black Dress series and none have grabbed me like Rachel Gibson and I usually dump the other authors before finishing. Meanwhile, Rachel Gibson's writing is very amusing, hot and touching, with vivid settings and imperfect characters, and I always want to reread her novels. I just wish her novels were longer! Oh well, I get my money's worth by rereading them several times (other favourites include 'Daisy's Back in Town' and 'See Jane Score'). And amazingly, her novels have made me go online to watch ice hockey - something I never thought I'd do. Finally, congrats to Little Black Dress for producing books with covers I'm not embarrassed to be seen reading (though I still get teased!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Jan 2008
Coco (Chichester, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is just another brilliant book by Rachel Gibson!! In the past week and half I have read 5 Rachel Gibson books and I am just chomping at the bit for the rest of them to arrive from Amazon!

I will be recommending them to all my girlfriends and I think I will be re-reading them over and over again, a sign of a really good book and an impressive author!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book!, 14 Jun 2014
Funny and witty and romantic, this book is a perfect read for a chilled summer day with a glass of iced-tea!

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing Pages, 4 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 13 April 2013
C. L. Howard "Claire" (Essex) - See all my reviews
Another really great book, well written, perfect story line :) shame men ain't like that in real life lol. Would definitely recommend to other's

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, 21 Feb 2013
Very nice girlie one!!The start is very promising for another great book by Mrs.Gibson.The end comes quite quickly together tough.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Trouble with Valentine's Day (Little Black Dress)
The Trouble with Valentine's Day (Little Black Dress) by Rachel Gibson (Paperback - 8 Feb 2007)