4.0 out of 5 stars Two's Company - Great Chick-lit read!
Jill does it again. Not only is Two's Company absolutely brilliant, but it has all the raw emotion that is needed to really feel as though you know the people in the book.
Published on 9 Nov. 2003

i have enjoyed several Jill Mansell books before so naturally i thought i'd try this one.it remained on my bookshelf for a while however,when i happened across some reviews with a lot of spoilers that stated things that happened in the book that i didn't think i would like.

Published 18 months ago by Lena platt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Two's Company - Great Chick-lit read!, 9 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Two's Company (Paperback)
This book has all the ingredients of a top notch romance fest! It has love, hate, betrayal, regret, and is just perfect at the end. It also has a more serious side to it, dealing with the raw emotion that you go through when your partner is unfaithful, and the agonising decision of what to do when they come crawling back.
Apart from the serious side to the book, there is also the antics of the three children to keep you amused right through till the end.
All in all, another great chick-lit read that has been a long time being reissued!

4.0 out of 5 stars When you're in the mood for some lighthearted revenge..., 20 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Two's Company (Paperback)
Jill Mansell once again creates great some great characters and pops them in the melting pot for all hell to break loose. For me this book had just the right mix of humour and revenge ...plus there's a touch of glamour which adds to the escapism!!
A witty, enjoyable, if unchallenging, read that made me laugh out loud. I've read a couple of Mansell's other books and they always lift the spirits!

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, enjoyable read!, 20 Feb. 2005
Briseis (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two's Company (Paperback)
This book was a great break from action, horror and adventure. It is light and funny and romantic. It is one of those great books that you just want to snuggle down with, night and day. Very interesting characters and interesting events. I recommend this book to anyone. It is also a great first book to get into Jill Mansell.

3.0 out of 5 stars really wasn't thrilled by it,but did keep me interested!!JUST about 3 stars*, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Two's Company (Paperback)

i hate to say it but my reservations were confirmed.unlike her other books the characters were far harder to truly like and there was a distinct lack of what i would call decent people in this book.the amount of betrayals and flippant attitudes throughout this book ruined it for me.with most of Jill's books you have some sort of betrayal,which is fine and lends to a sense of realism,but this book took this concept too far.
further, it left quite a few things unresolved,especially what happened between Pandora,Donny and Sean?even what happened with the dreaded Imogen?further, i hated the ending with the leads,Cass and Jack,for everything that happened it seemed so unnatural and glossed over, making it seem like pages were missing.

on the plus side there was some ok parts (not from the leads but the children's antics and sub stories) and even though there were plenty of times i cringed the book still kept my attention, which is the only reason why i have rated it 3 stars instead of less.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best, 10 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Two's Company (Paperback)
Along with Good at Games, I think Two's Company is an example of Jill Mansell at her very very best. It's impossible to ever finish a Jill Mansell book feeling disappointed, because you get so swept up in the characters and their stories as the book goes on, but this one really is in a league of its own. The whole Mandeville family are brilliant characters - I especially love feisty Cleo, who's down to earth despite being a world famous model. And it's impossible not to love Sophie, who doesn't care whatsoever about fame and fortune, who has the potential to be stunning (which is realised in the book!) but has better things to do with her time. The storyline itself is brilliant - as with all Mansell's novels it is based on the trials and tribulations of love and relationships. Cass and Jack appear to have the perfect marriage, until it all goes horribly wrong when she discovers he's been having an affair. The story covers the humiliation of so much public interest in the breakdown of their marriage, and comes to a happy, satisfying ending. Fun, moving and full of laugh out loud antics, this book is a must read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Realy good, 21 Sept. 2008
S. Firth (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two's Company (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. Although it didnt always feel like i was reading a jill mansell book. But all the same it was really good. The way it dealt with the break up of Cass and Jack and the press hounding them was really good reading. I loved the way the kids handled it, especially Cleo and Sophie. Sean was quite an annoying character and i felt really sorry for Pandora at times. The way he was with Rose was annoying too. I immiediately hated Imogen. I wanted to punch her! I hate mistress's in books anyway. She was so so so selfish. But stupid men get lured away by these bimbo idiots. i do feel Jack got off with things lightly and im not sure in the end i wanted it to go the way it did.

It is a great book and you should definately read it but maybe it could of been a couple of chapters longer.

3.0 out of 5 stars not enough details, 22 April 2013
Seta Alexandrovich "book horder" (Wembley, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two's Company (Paperback)
I liked this book, however, I felt that Mansell should have spent more time developing Jack and Cass's characters.There were too many things left unsaid, there was a week between what had happened and nothing was written about it,I would have liked to know what they spoke about, questions such as why did he do it? I felt he showed no regret and no compassion towards Cass at all and he should have been punished more for what he did. He didn't seem to care about his family I thought his character was rather selfish -too beleive that other people did it so it was alright. I did like Cass's character and Pandora they were brilliant. Overall it's a good book but not her best.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing, 25 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Two's Company (Paperback)
As a real fan of Jill Mansell, I had eager expectations when I opened 'Two's Company' at the first page. I have absolutely loved all the rest of her novels, but from the first chapter onwards I felt it was obvious that this lacks her usual sparkle. I do not believe in summarising plots in reviews, so I will keep this brief and say that the novel was too short to deal satisfactorily with all the characters introduced to the reader. Personalities were left undeveloped, the storyline became a bit of a cliche, and at the climax I was left wondering what happened to at least two of the main protagonists. Perhaps Mansell is saving up for a sequel, but by the end of the novel I did not care enough about any of the characters to want to buy it. If you are a die-hard fan of Jill Mansell then go ahead and buy it anyway, but if you are new to her books, I recommend starting with one of her others, whose characters are so alive they jump off the page. Generally this gives the impression of having been written in a bit of a hurry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read from Jill mansell, 28 July 2012
This review is from: Two's Company (Kindle Edition)
After reading Walk in the Park and Rumour Has It, I could not wait to start Two's Company and I was not dissapointed. The characters were all believable. I not only really enjoyed the relationship between Cass and Jack dealing with the breakdown of their marriage, but also all 3 children and their reactions to the marriage breakdown as well. My only regret is that the book ended too soon - I could have carried on quite happily reading about how the characters carried out with their lives

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 4 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Two's Company (Paperback)
What can I say, a typical Jill:)
So many characters that I guess I must start to write them all down, many plots, but everything is a compatible entirety. Not so down to earth characters, more celebrities than our neighbours, but with the same problems, although loosing them was not so easy for them as well. Hated Sean - really. He was worse than rollercoaster and was behaving like a spiled child, which he probably just is. Would like to have such daughter as Sophie :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Two's Company
Two's Company by Jill Mansell (Paperback - 5 April 2007)