5.0 out of 5 stars The most entertaining chicklit imaginable

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Good
Published on 1 Jan 2010 by Butterscotch

5.0 out of 5 stars The most entertaining chicklit imaginable, 7 Jan 2003
This review is from: Good at Games (Paperback)
One of the great delights in reading Jill Mansell's romantic comedies is that we get to enter a fun, breezy world of happy-go-lucky characters who get up to all kinds of mischief, while remaining completely likeable and believable. Case in point: Suzy Curtis, the flamboyant, voluptuous estate agent who is the heroine of Good at Games. Not someone I'd be best pals with in real life, but a delightful character nevertheless. From the hilarious opening (when Suzy fast-talks her way out of a speeding ticket, and manages to fall in lust with the gorgeous police officer in the process) to her other exploits, like wearing a skin-tight red velvet dress to her mother's funeral, and "accidentally" getting herself engaged to Mr. Wrong, Suzy's adventures never fails to entertain and delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable....., 29 Aug 2001
This review is from: Good at Games (Paperback)
The rabbit caught my eye, but it was the starting lines which convinced me to buy this book. This is my first book by Jill Mansell, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Funny, witty, and an absolute page-turner. I did not guess who she would end up with until I've read almost half the book, and I finished it within hours. It was a great book, absolutely enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 Aug 2000
This review is from: Good at Games (Paperback)
I don't think I have ever laughed so much whilst reading a book. It is the first Jill Mansell book I have read and it has definately made me want to read more. Thank you! It was brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's with the rabbit?, 7 July 2001
This review is from: Good at Games (Paperback)
I still don't have a clue what the cover art refers to (must be a British thing?) but loved this book. This is my first experience with a Jill Mansell novel, and my only problem is deciding which one to read next. I was totally taken by surprise by the funny and charming dialog and plot twists. I have to admit - 40 pages in, I knew who our Suzy would end up with, but I couldn't figure out how she'd get there. You'd never know it was 502 pages, I read this in no time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! The best Jill Mansell book I have read., 13 Feb 2001
This review is from: Good at Games (Paperback)
I've not long been reading Jill Mansell's books but since I discovered Miranda's Mistake and Kiss I have been hooked. I was not able to put this book down and I finished it in a matter of hours. Her books are so easy to read and so enjoyable that I find myself absolutely devasted when they come to an end. Can't wait for the next one!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - if a little predictable!, 31 July 2001
This review is from: Good at Games (Paperback)
More knotted relationships than you could fling a cat at - great fun! This is the first Jill Mansell book I've read - usually a reader of slightly heftier tomes - and it made me chuckle the whole way through. Only downfall would be the ease with which everything falls into place at the end. But then who cares!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 1 Jan 2010
This review is from: Good at Games (Paperback)
The book was typical Mansell - lengthy, lightly comedic, romantic (at times), anti-traditional family, and filled with a large cast of characters who find themselves in fixes a lot. Unfortunately, this wasn't one of her better books. Suzy is a bit of a spaz - she works as a real estate agent alongside her brother Rory, and consistently finds herself in predicaments and lies. The first, which begins the whole story, is when she and her brother are speeding along and are stopped by Harry, a gorgeous policeman. Although Suzy and Harry develop a relationship, Suzy's true feelings aren't revealed until the last five pages of the book. This book is at least 400 pages, so... that was a very very long wait. There is some family drama in this book too - Rory and Suzy, and their other sister Julia, discover some things about their parents that alter their world quite a lot. I'd give this book a skip, even if you're a Mansell fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stomach shaking!!, 14 Jun 2001
This review is from: Good at Games (Paperback)
This is a good, light hearted, hilarious read.... it had me laughing out loud on the Tube, not caring a bit about the strange stares I was getting from fellow passengers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, lazy afternoon's read, Jill Mansell at her best!, 26 Aug 2000
This review is from: Good at Games (Paperback)
I discovered Jill Mansell's books a few years ago and each new book is a discovery of new friends and a lot of giggles! Good at Games lives up to it name..you will have fun while keeping up with Suzy and all her games! Great lazy afternoon's read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Good at Games (Kindle Edition)
loved it

Good at Games
Good at Games by Jill Mansell (Paperback - 1 Mar 2009)
8.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available