5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!!
Published on 5 April 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing....not up to Miss Mansell's usual standard
Published on 12 July 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!!, 5 April 2002
This review is from: Fast Friends (Paperback)
This is another brilliant book by Jill Mansell. I read it in about two days, I couldn't put it down! This is a little different from her other books as it spans over three years but is still brilliant. The plot at one point starts to become a little predictable and like on of her other books (Miranda's Big Mistake) but redeems itself with another twist in the tale! Overall it is a wonderful book and I love the fact that it is about a group of friends-old and new. I especially liked the fact that it is about one woman's troubles and how brilliantly she copes. It is a book about woman power!! I loved it and strongly recommend it to everyone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing....not up to Miss Mansell's usual standard, 12 July 2002
This review is from: Fast Friends (Paperback)
I always look forward to latest book from Jill Mansell, and I have to be honest I was extremely disappointed with the path she took with this one! This book was a great deal more "serious" than her previous novels. There was none of the lightheartedness that could be found in "Millie's Fling" or "Miranda's Big Mistake". Set over three years, the story leapt about all over the place and I feel it had no depth.
Miss Mansell is a great writer, but I found the only creditable character in "Fast Friends" to be LouLou. Its a pity the book was about her friend, Camilla, instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Brilliant., 19 Nov 2007
S. Firth (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fast Friends (Paperback)
My 3rd Jill Mansell book and since i loved the other two i read, i expected the same with this one but it didnt happen. It deserves 3 stars, but no more. It has a lot of content like her other books and it has enough going on, but it was the characters who let it down for me. They were pretty much all self-obsessed and selfish.

Camilla, the main character, was very annoying. I found it hard to believe she would up and leave her kids just like that, her husband yes, but not her kids. Then she goes to live with her recently reunited school friend, and suddenly, after years been shy and plump, decides it's ok to walk naked around the flat. Then later on in the book, every male she meets secretly thinks she's gorgeous, yet she has no idea, that was annoying too.

I suppose Lou-Lou was the best character. But it took me about 3 weeks to finnish this book, and that's a long time. Anyway, i've already started another Jill Mansell, and thankfully, it's already much more promising than this book. I shall review that one when i finish it. But since this book has mostly good reviews, then definately try it out because it is Jill Mansell and she is a great writer. And i still love her books!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing......and rather predictable......, 1 May 2002
This review is from: Fast Friends (Paperback)
I love Jill Mansell's book but this one disappointed me. I felt that the inital storyline of cheated-upon woman who turns herself into a swan from an ugly duckling was rather cliched, and I nearly stopped reading it when the 'heroine' just abandoned her kids and suddenly was living this racy new single life as a blonde goddess! The whole book felt a bit too contrived - like Ms Mansell was trying to get away from the usual frothy romances she writes so well to a more 'Fiona Walker' type novel with lots of characters and inter-locking storylines. Disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 21 April 2002
Ms. E. L. Scott "brokenangelkisses" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fast Friends (Paperback)
Spanning over three years, this book would run the danger of forgetting the beginning by the time you get to the end if it weren't so easy to read in a few days!
The plot is at times predictable, but that's almost unavoidable in a genre (happy romantic endings all round) like this.
Camilla is great as the little wife who turns her life around, but there are some holes in the plot - namely the fact that her children are hardly ever mentioned, nor is her divorce from Jack.
Still, a great read where you'll find yourself getting very frustrated with the star crossed romantics as they struggle to sort themselves out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Friends, 16 Oct 2009
Barbara Burns (Poole,Dorset.UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fast Friends (Paperback)
I wanted a book to take my mind off various problems I was leaving behind when I went on a recent holiday. My friend had recommended the Author and I went on-line to order 3 of her books. I took Fast Friends with me on holiday and could rarely put the book down. I actually laughed out loud, I cried and could not believe how acurate Jill Mansell was in capturing me from the begining to end, the story finished all too soon and I wished I'd taken another title with me. However since arriving back home I have now started Making your mind up, Watch this space!!

4.0 out of 5 stars jillmansell, 'Fast Friends', 3 Dec 2009
K. J. Harland "Dinosaurwhosings" (marlow, buckinghamshire, U.K>) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fast Friends (Paperback)
While we were on holiday in France, my mum ( 87!), was given a Jill Mansell book to read by a friend, and I bought several for her to read when we arrived home. She loves them all, and has lent them to all her friends who also enjoy them. Probably not the style of literature which most men would appreciate, but definitely appreciated by most women, the style is light, well-written and follows a definite plot, so definitely gets the 'thumbs up'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have read!!!, 5 Nov 2003
This review is from: Fast Friends (Paperback)
I am a huge lover of Jill Mansell Books but this has to be her best to date. I couldn't put it down and I enjoyed savouring every moment of it.
All the characters are very loverable (bar one who sets out to ruin Camilla's life - Roz) and very funny.
I also found this book very inspiring because when I read it I was going through a bad patch in my life but now I realise my lifes plain sailing compaired with Camilla's!
This book will make you laugh and cry but most of all it will make you want to read ALL of Jill Mansell's books!!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent top quality book, 27 Feb 2009
Jay Rainbow (bolton england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fast Friends (Paperback)
Jill mansells books are easy reading, they are always good value for money and I have never got board with a single one of her books.
The obly thing is that most charity shops are often full of jill mansell books as they are so populor so If you want them all it mey be wise to buy the lastest ones here and keep an eye out for the older ones much cheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 21 Jan 2007
M. Lugg "bookworm" (Helston, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fast Friends (Paperback)
This is the fourth Jill Mansell book I have read and again I thoroughly enjoyed it. Jill Mansell makes her charcters so believeable and real although I thought that this book was more serious than the others of hers that I have read, touching on some serious and devastating issues such as cot death. In short an excellent read but not as light as the others I have read.

Fast Friends
Fast Friends by Jill Mansell (Paperback - 4 Sep 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01