Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 February 2002
Having read all Wendy Holdens books, i couldnt wait for this one to come out.
Champagne is back with some other characters as well, but unfortunately this storyline doesnt seem to have the sparkle of 'simply divine' or 'Bad Heir day'
The so called Heroine of the tale made me want to shake her until her teeth cracked, she was just so blinking wet, I thought she would liven up but in the end she was totally predictable.
I eagerly await her next novel and hopefully the glamour and sparkle will be back, along with Champagne of course...
on 6 February 2004
I love this book. I started it in the morning and finished it in the afternoon. Could not put it down. Starts a bit slow but it is well worth reading through. I would definetely recommend it.
on 11 September 2008
I didn't like the characters and the plot was unbelievable. I know I'm not convinced by a book when I find myself imagining the author sitting there writing, and in this case, desparately trying to think up jokes. I just couldn't get into it, even on a long train journey. It made me cross and I just didn't want to read it. So I stopped. I would rather read the free magazines. Or the instructions for the phone. Or the ingredients in my sandwich.
on 11 March 2009
Liked the story line but hated the main character and hated Henry Moon, what saved this book was the fabulous Champagne D'Vyne, who, while u want to slap her, is hysterical
Worth a read
on 17 July 2012
i borrowed this as an audiobook from the library, to listen to while driving. i didn't find the characters at all interesting, especially the unpleasant belinda, and i didn't care what happened to them.

i was about halfway through listening to this story, and finding it quite tedious, when i happened to be driving past the library, and just stopped and took the audiobook back in.

i don't mind a book having a slow start, but by half way through it should have captured my interest a bit and this one didn't. i have no hesitation in not recommending this book.
on 18 December 2015
It's so sad, that I actually had to give a bad review for this book. Usually I always find something worth wile in it, but unfortunately at this occasion I didn't. I keept reading, hoping the plot will change or something interesting might occur, but nothing happened. It is the first book that I actually would not finish reading, because there is nothing to make you interested in the story.
review image
on 21 January 2002
As my favourite author i have read all of her books and own them even, but this time with Fame Fatale (yet another brilliant pun) i have found that the plot is taking a long time to come in to play. I am a two thirds of the way through the book and the two main characters Grace and Belinda still have no collided as the summary tells us so. Even though, it is an addictive, funny, witty book. Wendy Holden shows her experience with PR's through this, in her case her PR are doing a good job! A good read but a bit slow.
on 6 December 2002
You feel you know the characters - you may hate them or you may love them but you'll never feel indifference. This book is really a very very funny read. It's not too challenging that you can't enjoy it in bed or in the bath yet it is not so mindless that you'd be ashamed to show it on the train! The plot is not predictable although every thing seems to turn out just as it should. Buy it, it'll be money well spent.
on 8 July 2005
Although is wasn't my favourite of Holden's books, it is definitly worth reading. It follows Belinda and Grace, whose lives become interconnected. Belinda is searching for fame and fortune and Grace is just trying to do her job.
Although it was quite predictable, I did keep going back to it because I wanted to see how it panned out.
on 16 July 2008
It's a sad society we live in when a book this bad becomes a bestseller. Constantly waiting for the climax (or even a bit of drama) and left disappointed from beginning to end. The plotline is slow and the characters undeveloped making the whole series of events seem unrealistic. Don't trust the synopsis on the back cover, because honestly...it lies to you!