Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 December 2012
It's been a while since I've read a Stephanie Plum book, so it was good to find that they are as enjoyable as I remembered. Stephanie's life, even without the multiple murders, is total mayhem and that's fun to watch from the outside.

The whodunnit was a little too obvious, but the journey more than made up for it. Plus, you get Steph, Connie and Lula in Vegas!

I'll make sure to return to Trenton again real soon.
on 17 March 2007
This was a very eagerly-awaited book for me - I have vastly enjoyed the Stephanie Plum series and was interested to see where Janet Evanovich could further take her characters.

It is a good book but perhaps not quite at the same level as the earlier ones. The crime aspect of the book is still good - cleverly plotted, it's not obvious who the 'baddie' is, but the relationship side between Stephanie, Morelli and Ranger was less satisfying this time. It's never quite made clear why Morelli and Ranger are so keen on Stephanie when she's such a walking disaster area!

The synopsis provided on Amazon (and elsewhere) is actually incorrect - Sally Sweet doesn't appear in this book. There are less of the usual crowd of new odd characters in this instalment - Evanovich makes more use of the existing characters like Lula, Connie Rosolli, Tank etc.

All in all I would say it's a great read and very amusing as always, but Evanovich may have written Stephanie into rather a corner with Morelli and Ranger. If she's with Morelli she can't be with Ranger and still be respected by us, so we have to make do with smouldering looks (from Ranger) and the thoughts of what could be... were Stephanie not with Morelli.

Read and enjoy!
on 21 March 2014
The plots are always different. The people are always the same, God bless 'em. I love Grandma and her teeth and the daughter who thinks she is a horse. . Albert Kloughn makes me laugh but who is my favorite? Albert or Lula. Are there going to be any spin offs? Mother's Cookbook, Lula's diet book?
on 21 August 2012
Is an avid reader who was introduced to 'one for the money' about 2 yrs ago, once you start reading the series you can't put it down, used free delivery and was delivered before stated date in excellent condition. Have ordered 6 more since this purchase and very pleased with all!
on 22 July 2003
Once again another book in the Stephanie Plumb series that had me laughing out loud. Book nine is every bit a good as the last eight, so much so that I could not put it down. Fantastic Janet, Keep up the good work and when is the 10th book due out?
on 9 July 2004
Once again Janet Evanovich has brought humourous delights to us with this enrichingly funny 9th book of her Stephanie Plum novels. So much so that i cannot wait to read Ten Big Ones. The witty crime is still there as is the on off relationship to the hot Joe Morelli and the dodgy one night stand dealings with Ranger as Stephanies love life once again takes a new turn. A trip to Las Vegas brings more luck and bad luck as she tries to solve yet another crime. Janet's 9th book brings no disappointment as she continues to write fantastically. This book is a brilliant new edition to the Stephenie Plum novels and shows us just how excellent a writer Janet is!!
on 10 May 2015
Well written, amusing and enjoyable. Characters well developed. Not a page turner though, and the end game was predictable. My first Stephanie Plumb novel, not sure I'll bother with the others, prefer a bit more substance to the plot!
on 23 March 2014
Excellent characterisation. Janet Evanovich is a superb writer. Easy to follow plot, although the denouement in this case was a little hasty and slightly implausible. But a minor quibble in what is otherwise a rollicking good read.
on 23 April 2015
this is my latest Stephanie Plum adventure and I am a third of the way through, as always I am thoroughly enjoying it, and still laughing out loud at the scrapes our bounty hunters are getting into!
on 14 August 2013
I have been a fan of Janet Evanovich for a long time and have read all her Stephanie Plum novels up to and including 'Notorious Nineteen', which is her latest.