5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect book
Published on 24 Jun 2007 by Charlotte Baudelaire

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 2 and a half stars.
A bit more chick lit than I had expected. I didn't like or empathise with the two main characters and I found the dialogue of the two small children tedious and irritating.I ended up skim reading it !I thought the whole thing was a depressing view of marriage in middle age, not the profound vision the blurb on the cover promised.
Published on 23 July 2011 by N. O'Brien

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect book, 24 Jun 2007
This review is from: A Perfect Life (Paperback)
I read this book in one sitting, pausing only to make tea and later to open a bottle of wine. It made me laugh and cry in equal measure and captured perfectly the ambivalent nature of long term relationships. I was utterly captivated from page one and only wish there were more books as evocative. The ending - which I won't give away - is as uplifting is at is unexpected. Having finished it I immediately ordered all her others.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very clever, well writen and perceptive novel, 19 May 2006
N. D. Coleridge "Worcestershire man" (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Perfect Life (Hardcover)
This is my favourite of Raffaella Barker's novels. It is exceptionally well writen. She has a gift for writing in the style of multi characters, in this case her heroine, a wife and mother named Angel, Angel's husband Nick and son Jem. She has a wonderful understanding of human nature, and here describes with great vividness the disintegration of a marriage. It is a very modern, spare book. recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 2 and a half stars., 23 July 2011
N. O'Brien "N.O'Brien" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Life (Paperback)
Enjoyed the book very much

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this author's books, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Life (Paperback)
I love this author's books and wanted to have them myself, the book came quickly and in excellent condition, it looked like it has hardly been read at all, I would certainly buy from this seller again.

3.0 out of 5 stars interestingly structured, 15 Nov 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Life (Kindle Edition)
Sadly, I found this quite depressing. However, very convincing characters if not always very likeable - except Jem, whom I warmed to hugely. Sometimes taken over by a little too much description which was distracting even though it did underline Angel's character.

A Perfect Life
A Perfect Life by Raffaella Barker (Paperback - 5 April 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01