5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to get you in the mood for 2012
With London 2012 just around the corner, this is a great book to get you in the mood. It contains lots of interesting stories - it even includes Eric the Eel! - and I learnt a lot about the athletes. As a fan of many sports, I was pleased that it covered people from many different events, not just athletics.
Published on 19 Oct 2011 by M Williams

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful!
Published on 1 Jan 2012 by Sadie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to get you in the mood for 2012, 19 Oct 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 22 Nov 2011
This review is from: Great Olympic Moments (Hardcover)
The book is a Christmas present for my son but I have had a sneak preview and it looks really interesting for the sports fanatics. A good buy very well illistrated too

4.0 out of 5 stars great olympic moments, 28 Dec 2011
Elaine Winter - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Olympic Moments (Hardcover)
The book arrived promptly. It was interesting and just what I was looking for as a Christmas present for a sports enthusiast.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful!, 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: Great Olympic Moments (Hardcover)
I was given this book for Christmas having asked for it after hearing Steve Redgrave talking about it on the radio. I am an Olympics fan and was really looking forward to reading lots and learning about the different stars of the Games. I have read half the book and have so far found that Steve Redgrave has inserted his own personal stories, i.e. home/married life into every Olympian's story. Midway through his chapter on Cassius Clay, Steve goes off track to describe his 'fleeting friendship' with George Harrison from the Beatles! Sorry but I'm not that interested in how Steve, or his wife, were first introduced to the Harrison family! I was quite hopeful that the chapter on Kelly Holmes was going to escape Steve's own trumpet blowing but sadly it didn't! It's really frustrating! I perhaps should have guessed that this book had conceit written all over it when I saw Steve's signature on the front cover (oh please!). I cannot help asking how on earth the publishers allowed this book to be called Great Olympic Moments when half of it is about Steve Redgrave. Surely Steve has a biography that he should be putting his stories into if it's talking about himself that floats his boat!

Great Olympic Moments
Great Olympic Moments by Sir Steve Redgrave (Hardcover - 13 Oct 2011)
15.26