5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh and learn!
I've been dipping into this book for a week now and I'm very impressed by the amount of facts I've learned about Scottish history (and by the amount of times I've laughed out loud!).
There are chapters on politics, music, geography, royalty, sport, literature and Food & Drink - in fact there's something about just about everything Scottish really...
It's a very...
Published on 12 Dec 2008 by KT

1.0 out of 5 stars No laughing matter
Published on 6 May 2009 by J. J. McDONALD

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh and learn!, 12 Dec 2008
It's a very entertaining read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and fun, 9 Dec 2008
Really enjoyable read. Filled in some embarrassing gaps in my knowledge of Scottish history, and many more I had no idea I had. Now if I can just remember everything - and some of the jokes... An antidote to all those dry accounts around. Great fun and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy and funny reading, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Caledonication (Paperback)
Very easy and funny reading.
If all book of history are written this way it would be a fun to study.
It was a pleasure to read it.
Thank you John!

1.0 out of 5 stars No laughing matter, 6 May 2009
J. J. McDONALD (Coatbridge, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I'd seen this in a bookshop and had found myself giggling at the extracts on the back, so I was a bit miffed to find that they were far from representative. The jokes on the inside were pretty contrived and caused as many groans and grimaces as they did smiles. I laughed out loud only once, and that was at the very last sentence. That's too long to build up to a punchline. I think it was a great idea to do a funny book about Scots history, but, sadly, I also think that it still remains to be done.

5.0 out of 5 stars It'sarerrterr!, 29 Nov 2011
Therebus (Preston, England) - See all my reviews
Once again the Scots prove that they can laugh at themselves. A witty, amusing and highly entertaining history with laughs. Something to dip into at any time; open it anywhere and you are sure to find a Scottish gem that will warm the cockles of your wee heart!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 Aug 2009
C. McCullagh (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caledonication (Paperback)
This is not an attractive book to hold in the hand. The jokes are a little amusing at times, but the self-inflicted stereotyping of the scots doesn't appeal to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Laugh out loud" funny, 26 July 2009
This review is from: Caledonication (Paperback)
A must for all Scots, had me chuckling all the way through. Manages to get over a good historical summary, but gently poking fun at the same time. Excellent!

Caledonication
Caledonication by John Kv Eunson (Paperback - 14 May 2009)
4.82