5.0 out of 5 stars LK livens up your bookshelf
Published on 3 Nov 2008 by SilentSinger

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read ,look forward to the update
I enjoyed lorraine's book ,it had a lot of interesting things about her younger life in glasgow and east kilbride which is not generally known about ,it was nice to hear about how she met steve .i remember her early news reports from lockerbie and dumblane. Hopefully lorraine will 'do a paul o'grady' and write another volume to bring us up to the present day
Published 5 months ago by H A Miller

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LK livens up your bookshelf, 3 Nov 2008
SilentSinger (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lorraine: Between You and Me (Hardcover)
Lorraine Kelly, the cheerful face on your breakfast TV screen has penned an autobiography of her varied career since joining her local paper as a cub reporter in the 1970s. It zips along at a fair pace and the narrative is so well written, it often feels as if you're snuggled up to Lorraine on the GMTV sofa and she's reciting a series of anecdotes to you. I did find a couple of the chapters rather heavy-going for a `celeb' autobiography, as they dealt with the Lockerbie disaster and the Dunblane shooting with empathy and insight, although I found the latter impossible to read without dissolving into tears, so I gave it a miss.

Lorraine's celebrity gossip about various guests is entertaining and the heart-warming stories of her happy marriage and family life are lovely to read. I'd recommend this book to your mum or a favourite auntie to savour over the festive period.

4.0 out of 5 stars a Trip Down the Memory Lane, 12 Nov 2009
Maisa Mäkinen (Turku,Finland) - See all my reviews
I could so easily compare my life with Loraine's parents,us being about the same age. I was a "mature" 21 when I had my child while my husband was 18. Such children, but we coped and obviously raised very fine kids. Good for us and good for Loraine for letting us share her memories!

5.0 out of 5 stars great story from a great personality!, 14 Feb 2009
Allan M. BRYANS (Barcelona Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lorraine: Between You and Me (Hardcover)
This book was recommended by a friend and what a good recommendation! It's great to know more about this popular presenter through her life experiences, past and present.The only disappointing thing about this book is that when you finish it, it leaves you wanting more!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rise and Shine, 11 Jun 2009
This review is from: Lorraine: Between You and Me (Hardcover)
As the person I would most like to go shopping with, I have long admired Lorraine Kelly and was late coming to her book. But when a friend lent it to me on holiday, it proved the perfect poolside read although I completed it in one long lazy session on a cold Bank Holiday. Lorrraine is one woman that virtually all women can identify with; the drive to be a success, an endless battle with her weight,an interest in fashion, a charity fundraiser and a true family person. From humble beginnings, Lorraine doesn't wrap it up and she worked hard to attain her current success. I celebrated her successes and almost cried with her as she lost her late and much wanted surprise baby. This is the ideal summer read; pack it in your suitcase and it won't be excess baggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read and insight into Lorraine, 19 Jan 2009
Edinburgh Girl (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lorraine: Between You and Me (Hardcover)
Totally concur with the first reviewer - a great book that zips along at a quick pace but covers everything you would want to know. This book shows that Lorraine is exactly as you see her on screen, down to earth and not bothered for living the 'celebrity life'. Her portrayal of family life is lovely and refreshing for a woman to be thankful for her husband, her daughter, her family and friends.

As a fellow Scots woman, I loved the little Scottish references (but these are explained if you're not Scottish) and she's done a lot for charity in her Moonwalks for Breast Cancer and her marathon running.

Great little read, full of celebrity story snippets - highly recommened :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant reading, 24 April 2009
G. Foy (UK) - See all my reviews
This is one of the best books I have read. She is such a lovely caring person and it shows all the way through the book. I couldn't put it down and read it in two days. Well worth reading and such an excellent price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read ,look forward to the update, 20 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Lorraine Kelly so it was great to read all ..., 8 July 2014
I love Lorraine Kelly so it was great to read all about her life, the success she enjoys today is well deserved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 1 July 2014
Wasn't keen on Lorraine much, but what a natural person she is, no airs and graces. Changed my opinion of her altogether.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!!, 25 Jun 2014
.Brilliant book,even better knowing Lorraine started out in life growing up in Glasgow,as did I.I would recommend reading this as it is really interesting.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Lorraine: Between You and Me
Lorraine: Between You and Me by Lorraine Kelly (Hardcover - 21 Aug 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01