5.0 out of 5 stars Woke up this morning, got myself a book....., 19 Nov 2007
D. Lynch "dtm1" (At Home) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The "Sopranos": The Complete Book (Hardcover)
........and what a book, if you are as obsessed with the sopranos as I am then this is a must have. I cannot emphasise the amount of detail this book goes into, I thought I knew pretty much everything about the show but this book takes things to a new level. Interviews with cast and crew, motives for storylines, reasons for the choice of music, locations, family trees etc. are all explained in great detail. If you are regretting the demise of the greatest show on TV then this book is the best remedy. So dont wait for xmas, buy this today, and for 10 you wont regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best TV Show Ever..., 24 Oct 2007
The Bada Bing (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The "Sopranos": The Complete Book (Hardcover)
This is an official Sopranos book with contributions from all the major players including creator David Chase and many cast members who give great insights into their own characters. The book is of high quality - the authors clearly care about the show and have made a book worthy of the TV series.

The book is an essential read from beginning to end but particular highlights include casting stories and photos, a discussion of storylines which have never fully been concluded (what did happen to the Russian in the memorable Pine Barrens episode?, will Melfi ever get her revenge on her attacker from Season 3?), Bobby Bacala discussing wearing a fat suit and an excellent episode summary which takes us up to Made In America - the last episode of Season 6 Part 2.

The best thing to do to fill the time before the final episodes become available on DVD is to get this book. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tony thinks you should read this book. Better do what he says., 23 Jun 2008
This review is from: The "Sopranos": The Complete Book (Hardcover)
This is a great book - loads of insight and depth into the characters and stories; my only disappointment was to not have already finished watching all the series of the Sopranos, and finding out a bit more from this book than I wanted too early. When I started reading it, I thought "better to not read all of it", but once I got going, it was pretty tough to not keep going to the end. So I did. And if you have any interest in the Sopranos, you'll like it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 28 May 2008
This review is from: The "Sopranos": The Complete Book (Hardcover)
Depending on how interested in the behind the scenes production on the show and the thinking behind the award-winning show. Gives some excellent and interesting background that may not have come to light otherwise. Just a pity the show had to end but the book brings you on a trip down memory lane with an episode guide and plenty of insight into the Sopranos.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sopranos complete book- A Must Read, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: The "Sopranos": The Complete Book (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my sister for her birthday and one for myself also. It was money totally well spent we both absolutely love the Sopranos, it's one of the best shows, if not thee best show ever made and this book represents that. It is truly a fantastic and funny read, it's just a shame that the star of the show, James Gandolfini is no longer with us. That man was a genius! I would totally recommend this book to anyone who has similar tastes to mine. Totally brilliant!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought two!, 3 Nov 2012
Zoonie (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The "Sopranos": The Complete Book (Hardcover)
I bought two of these, one for me and one for another addict whose birthday is soon. Sadly, the copies are getting harder to find and consequently more expensive.

You can spend hours poring over the pages, learning background facts and looking at the photographs. Here is the highest compliment I can pay:- The book is worthy of the series.

A word of praise for Amazon market place....the copy I ordered for myself was described as having some 'shelf wear' but in my opinion it could have been brand new. It is in perfect condition. I have bought books from bookshops that were less fresh.

The "Sopranos": The Complete Book
The "Sopranos": The Complete Book by Brett Martin (Hardcover - 1 Nov 2007)
Used & New from: 6.43